• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: James from Hays IT

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "James from Hays IT"

Collapse

• pzz76077
    replied
    Originally posted by NadJ View Post
    Many moons ago, I used to work for a desktop/server support company providing the odd bit of phone support. We used to share the office with a telephony solutions company. The guy sitting on my right was part of the sales team for the said company. He would call between 20-30 companies a day and claim to be someone or rather from one of their own competitors. The purpose of this was to gauge an initial reaction from the client and if the company told him that they already used provider X, he would call in a weeks time pretending to be from provider X to check if the client was pleased with "their" service!

If not, then that's how a new relationship using his real identity would develop.

Sales people faking their identity on the phone has been around a very long time.

I gather "James" wanted to hear that you were interviewing with some investment bank or something. ****.
    Yep, you guessed right, he will be calling whatever company you mentioned in the very next call.....

Which gives me an idea....next time he calls give him the number of your spare mobile as a dead cert 'in'. When he calls using his real identity, can you say 'gotcha' and collect the reward from Hayes.

PZZ
    Last edited by pzz76077; 29 June 2009, 20:47.

Leave a comment:

• NadJ
    replied
    Many moons ago, I used to work for a desktop/server support company providing the odd bit of phone support. We used to share the office with a telephony solutions company. The guy sitting on my right was part of the sales team for the said company. He would call between 20-30 companies a day and claim to be someone or rather from one of their own competitors. The purpose of this was to gauge an initial reaction from the client and if the company told him that they already used provider X, he would call in a weeks time pretending to be from provider X to check if the client was pleased with "their" service!

If not, then that's how a new relationship using his real identity would develop.

Sales people faking their identity on the phone has been around a very long time.

I gather "James" wanted to hear that you were interviewing with some investment bank or something. ****.

Leave a comment:

• dmini
    replied
    Hays were offering a reward for positive ID of these guys in February.

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    I think the real "James from Hays" has just lost his bonus - as soon as he calls any of us, we'll crack up laughing and hang up (at least I know I will). The chances of his recruiting someone for a role have now plummeted methinks.

Leave a comment:

• mailric
    replied
    same call here.

I asked 'james' if he knows two guys from hays I know quite well... surprise, he didnt know either of them.

Leave a comment:

• explorer
    replied
    [QUOTE=Numpty;880371]"Non gig: fishing for leads".

QUOTE]

But Why does he have to impersonate? We already know that more than half of the calls from agencies these days are from stupid agents having nothing to do, apart from fishing for leads. They don't impersonate..do they?

Leave a comment:

• EddieNambulous
    replied
    Originally posted by Numpty View Post
    "Rob Brian" of An-Agency-I-Know
    Their website seems to be offline at the moment
    http://www.anagencyiknow.com/

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Did I do that?

Leave a comment:

• Numpty
    replied
    "James" from Hays? 11th May he called me. My notes say "Non gig: fishing for leads".

I had one supposedly from Elan.

I had a bloke claiming to be "Rob Brian" of An-Agency-I-Know saying Fred Bloggs will call me. I know Fred Bloggs; I phoned him after a few days; he had just got back from 2 weeks leave. He has never heard of "Rob Brian".

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Badger View Post
    I had the same thing from a 'Chris' at Computer Futures. I didn't give him any information and he still hung up
    Gosh that is such a coincidence becasue I've had people call me with a load of waffle pretending to work for them too.

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    There's obviously some nasty impersonating going on! We should all tell the next agent who calls, that we need to check on his/her identity first - they are to give two contact names and numbers where they work - and then hang up.

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied
    I had the same thing from a 'Chris' at Computer Futures. I didn't give him any information and he still hung up

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Peter Loew View Post
    Just had a call from a guy called James from Hays IT, he tells me I look great for a role he has with a client called Horizon IT in Liverpool Street.

He asked me where I am interviewing and I tell him some crap like a local gov client. he then hangs up.

I call Hays IT and they tell me there is a guy claiming to work for them who hangs up after he gets some leads and it's starting to bother them!

Anyone else get this?
    What a ****.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Peter Loew View Post
    Anyone else get this?
    Yup

Leave a comment:

• Peter Loew
    started a topic James from Hays IT

James from Hays IT

Just had a call from a guy called James from Hays IT, he tells me I look great for a role he has with a client called Horizon IT in Liverpool Street.

He asked me where I am interviewing and I tell him some crap like a local gov client. he then hangs up.

I call Hays IT and they tell me there is a guy claiming to work for them who hangs up after he gets some leads and it's starting to bother them!

Anyone else get this?

Working...
X