• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: SC Cleared

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "SC Cleared"

Collapse

• TheRefactornator
    replied
    Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    You go India. Join tech company in call centre. Get teached good English and get gived new English name like Dayvee. Then can get new job at multinational call centre. Get transferred to UK by multinational under their ListX status. Sit at desk in big company in UK for 6 months pretending to know how to code for enough money to keep your family on a subsistence income. Suck up boss to make sure transferred to Defence site when multinational thrown off site at big company. Keep head down. Discover you magically have DV clearance. Piss yourself laughing and clear off to a consultancy, or something.

HTH

Understanding now much thanks you. Seems me sorted for domination of world and sorries for British destruction.

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by TheRefactornator View Post
    Me sorry to not understand. Explain please how achieve me my role clearance for security.
    You go India. Join tech company in call centre. Get teached good English and get gived new English name like Dayvee. Then can get new job at multinational call centre. Get transferred to UK by multinational under their ListX status. Sit at desk in big company in UK for 6 months pretending to know how to code for enough money to keep your family on a subsistence income. Suck up boss to make sure transferred to Defence site when multinational thrown off site at big company. Keep head down. Discover you magically have DV clearance. Piss yourself laughing and clear off to a consultancy, or something.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Aha! Now the other security clearance Catch-22 kicks in.

You cannot advertise you have it.

And you should not have posted it on here either.
    I wouldn't worry, it's the first thing people see on my CV after my contact details and it's been on there for 6 years, no-one has ever pulled me up on it and it's probably gotten me numerous gigs that would have otherwise passed me by.

Leave a comment:

• tino
    replied
    Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    How do actually get security clearance ?

Quite a few roles request that the applicant has security clearance and I am thinking of obtaining this myself as an addition to my CV.

Can this be done ?
    you buy it from a shop n'at innit

Leave a comment:

• TheRefactornator
    replied
    Huh? He did give you a constructive answer.

Ditto. I know I have done the same with extensive explanations and links at least twice.

Me sorry to not understand. Explain please how achieve me my role clearance for security.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied

I wouldn't worry, it's the first thing people see on my CV after my contact details and it's been on there for 6 years, no-one has ever pulled me up on it and it's probably gotten me numerous gigs that would have otherwise passed me by.

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Please do a quick search on Security Clearance on this site, the answer to your question has been posted in detail on numerous occasions.
    Don't worry Mr Google has answered the query on my behalf, and more constructively.
    Huh? He did give you a constructive answer.

I've written out the noddy answer to your question in numerous posts on this very site at least half a dozen times in the last few months.
    Ditto. I know I have done the same with extensive explanations and links at least twice.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Don't worry Mr Google has answered the query on my behalf, and more constructively.
    I've written out the noddy answer to your question in numerous posts on this very site at least half a dozen times in the last few months. Don't bleat about constructive answers until you've spent at least 2 seconds checking to see if the answer is easily available here already.

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    I'm not sure how I managed to avoid that response myself, but I'm buggered if I'm writing out the noddy guide to Clearance (yet again) for a while.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    AAAAaaaaarrrrggghhhhhh!!!!!!
    I'm not sure how I managed to avoid that response myself, but I'm buggered if I'm writing out the noddy guide to Clearance (yet again) for a while.

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied

Quite a few roles request that the applicant has security clearance and I am thinking of obtaining this myself as an addition to my CV.

Can this be done ?
    AAAAaaaaarrrrggghhhhhh!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied

Can this be done ?
    Please do a quick search on Security Clearance on this site, the answer to your question has been posted in detail on numerous occasions.

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied

Can this be done ?

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied

You can put on your Cv you hold current security clearance. You are not allowed to divulge what level. Then when the pimp phones you tell him.

Leave a comment:

• tino
    replied

The first rule of Security Clearance..............You don't talk about Security Clearance

Leave a comment:

Working...
X