• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SC Cleared

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SC Cleared

Currently in contract, and had to go through some checks, i.e. me, my partner, our combined parents. So, Im currently cleared but in what Im not sure, CTC or SC.

Who can I ask, website to check my status ?

Like to know, for future job applications.

SBK

Originally posted by SBK1972 View Post
    Currently in contract, and had to go through some checks, i.e. me, my partner, our combined parents. So, Im currently cleared but in what Im not sure, CTC or SC.

SBK
    I thought you could 'never know' the level you've be checked to
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Ask the security controller at your current employer.
      And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

If you filled in a pink MoD security clearance form, you would have been able to work it out at the time.

If you are not in a Defence gig, you're not likely to be CTC, SC or DV.

Ask your line manager, they will know who can answer your question. If it is a Defence gig, they will point you at your Branch Liaison Officer or Branch Security Office or equivalent.

Or, if your agency arranged it, ask your contact at your agency. If they arranged it, they will know.

But, you are unlikely to be told formally in writing what your clearance is. You don't get a badge or a certificate!
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

What does it say on the form? On the very first page it says:

Security Clearance Required - To be completed by all sponsors
          Then there are four tick boxes for: SC, SC review, CTC or CTC review.

I took a photo copy of mine so I didn't need collect all the info again.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            I took a photo copy of mine so I didn't need collect all the info again.
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

It's a document that I filled in so I don't see why not? As I was leaving the site I asked the security officer if I could take a copy of the form I gave him so I had all the info for next time, he went off and did it for me.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

It's a document that I filled in so I don't see why not? As I was leaving the site I asked the security officer if I could take a copy of the form I gave him so I had all the info for next time, he went off and did it for me.
                ... runs away and checks the DBVA web site ...

My mistake. I was wrong. They do not say you must not copy it.

However, once that form has been filled in, it is protectively marked, so don't leave it on the bus!

Comment

I once had to do some development involving information I wasn't cleared for. We worked out a way where I did the bulk of the work, and someone who was cleared could just add in the classified bit.

I was discussing this with the security officer, and he said "oh, you mean...", telling me the information I wasn't supposed to know.

So that was a bit of wasted effort.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by SBK1972 View Post

SBK
                    How long did it take? If only a short time it`s probably not SC but is CTC. Best check with the Security Officer as someone else mentioned. Some people get issued with a letter once they have it but I didn`t.

Not allowed to take a copy of it but it would be useful to jot the information down somewhere. Since I`ve had SC clearance I`ve still had to complete the rather LARGE questionaire a few more times for either additional clearance (some SC clearance tighter than others) or just to get it transfered.
                    Last edited by SuperZ; 8 May 2009, 16:05.

Comment

Working...
                    X