• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on ""Whats your weakness..?" THE interview question..!!"

Collapse

• tino
    replied
    I have a tendancy to "run before I can walk"

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Originally posted by Stan.goodvibes View Post
    Always been a tricky one for me obviously, because I just don't have one...

well, if push comes to shove I'd have to admit that I can never turn down a free line of coke, I just can't for some reason.

However in an interview I did read a while back that the best approach to this question is to avoid mentioning anything about a weakness for free coke and focus instead on some technical skill that is not a priority for the role.

Not something completely different i.e. for a SQL Server DBA role admitting that you don't really know anything about Perl, but more that you feel maybe your skills in Reporting Services (or some other aspect of DQL Server not directly applicable to the role) are not that strong, and that it's something you are working on.

Of course if you feel like you aren't getting anywhere in the interview you can always take a punt and mention your weakness for free coke, and ask the interviewer if he/she has the same problem, then whip out your stash and offer a line or two - who knows, you might get chatting...
    I disagree actually, I don't think that is what most people are looking for when asking that in an techy interview.

It it was, then it's a really easy question to answer.

Leave a comment:

• Stan.goodvibes
    replied
    Whats your weakness?

Always been a tricky one for me obviously, because I just don't have one...

well, if push comes to shove I'd have to admit that I can never turn down a free line of coke, I just can't for some reason.

However in an interview I did read a while back that the best approach to this question is to avoid mentioning anything about a weakness for free coke and focus instead on some technical skill that is not a priority for the role.

Not something completely different i.e. for a SQL Server DBA role admitting that you don't really know anything about Perl, but more that you feel maybe your skills in Reporting Services (or some other aspect of DQL Server not directly applicable to the role) are not that strong, and that it's something you are working on.

Of course if you feel like you aren't getting anywhere in the interview you can always take a punt and mention your weakness for free coke, and ask the interviewer if he/she has the same problem, then whip out your stash and offer a line or two - who knows, you might get chatting...

Leave a comment:

• harryb
    replied
    The best answer I ever heard in an interview was "I'm too proactive"!

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
    My response was that I can't lie convincingly.
    Yes but what if they responded with 'How do we know that statement is not a lie ?'

Leave a comment:

• RSoles
    replied
    I'm convinced my response to this question got me a (permie) job once.
    Having to say *something* I blurted out that I tend to mend and make-do when I should buy some new kit, compiler etc.

Little did I know that I was speaking to Scrooge's tighter brother. I spent the next year mending and making do, filling the same expense form out again and again, cutting my estimates.......

Thanks for reminding me, I feel sick now..........

Leave a comment:

• OrangeHopper
    replied
    My response was that I can't lie convincingly.

Leave a comment:

• Cheshire Cat
    replied
    my weakness is that after <fill in the blank> years working, and countless interviews, I've still not figured out the best answer to that question.

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
    'My weakness is that I have Tourette's syndrome that can sometimes get the better of me when I am asked stupid questions you f****** idiot, why`d you ask a stupid sh**y question like that for f***wit', followed by a

Then with a sweet smile and in a quiet voice "I have other weaknesses also, want to hear those?"
    coffee keyboard interface moment

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Blondes.

Damn.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I have a weakness dog-food. Chappie is nice if you have any
    I find that far to easy to believe ....

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I have a weakness dog-food. Chappie is nice if you have any

Leave a comment:

• oraclesmith
    replied
    My weakness is that I'm c**p at interviews.

Leave a comment:

• Not So Wise
    replied
    Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
    Oh...this is the very common answer..If you answer this interviewer understands that you googled net on this & delivering common answer..
    But what if it is true?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Blondes in fishnets with red stilletos.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X