• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Permy or Contract dilemma"

Collapse

• NickNick
    replied
    Pretty much bang on. I think the average wage at the moment is 492.

Leave a comment:

• thelace
    replied
    Not necessarily in IT, but in the real world, that's an average wage!

Get real and count your blessings contractors!

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
    Do grown proffesionals really goto work for 500 quid a week?
    I know it's difficult to fathom but I believe they exist in the North.

Leave a comment:

• Cheshire Cat
    replied
    factor in your PAYE and there's probably very little in it financially.

Take the permie job, but tell them the "benefits package" you require must include 9 months paid leave.

Leave a comment:

• Pickle2
    replied
    Do grown proffesionals really goto work for 500 quid a week?

Leave a comment:

• s2budd
    replied
    Ok, thanks. I feel better now. I can't believe that I was actually considering a permy role. Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• tino
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco View Post

£21,000 for 3 months
    £26,000 for a year

Now let me think......
    WHS - and it's far from £26,000 if it's a full time position - take your living expenses off that and you're no better off than a hobo on a bench.

Take the contract man

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied

£21,000 for 3 months
    £26,000 for a year

Now let me think......

Leave a comment:

• s2budd
    started a topic Permy or Contract dilemma

Permy or Contract dilemma

OK, thoughts please. Which option would you take. I am thinking that the permy offer would be best. Both are based away from home with living away costs being about £1k per month for each role.

Contract: 3 months, £350 per day
    Permy: £26K per annum within private company working on Government 5 year contract.

Working...
X