• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "psychometric testing"

Collapse

• unemployed
    replied
    Originally posted by Jubber View Post
    Is that a Standard and Poor's assesment
    Hbos assesment , guess that could mean anything really

Leave a comment:

• Jubber
    replied
    Originally posted by unemployed View Post
    AAA rating for me
    Is that a Standard and Poor's assesment

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Credit check? That stumps a lot more people than you may think.
    Mine's better than ClientCo.

Leave a comment:

• unemployed
    replied
    AAA rating for me

Leave a comment:

• Jubber
    replied

Leave a comment:

• unemployed
    replied
    Originally posted by denver2k View Post
    Then HR interview (which may matter at some places) then 2-3 weeks security checks ....then you able to get a Permie role....only to get a redundancy some time soon...
    What a pretty picture you paint

Leave a comment:

• thelace
    replied
    I always answer them giving the results they want to hear....

On jobs where they want safe and steady, those are the answers I give, on jobs they want a risk taker, etc, etc.

In other words, they mean nothing, I've never heard of anybody not getting o job because they've "failed" it, so it sort of makes the whole thing a waste of time in my book.

Leave a comment:

• denver2k
    replied
    Originally posted by unemployed View Post
    The whole interview process has been unusual.

Telephone interview , then face to face , then the psycho test ,then technical test ,and then a further final interview
    Then HR interview (which may matter at some places) then 2-3 weeks security checks ....then you able to get a Permie role....only to get a redundancy some time soon...

Leave a comment:

• unemployed
    replied
    Originally posted by kevlong View Post
    Slightly unusual at the later stages of recruitment. These tend to be run earlier on to refine the initial interview lists. There are lots of types of profiling, but they all tend to be based on Yongian theories. Myers Briggs and Verax are tow that come to mind.

Kevlong
    The whole interview process has been unusual.

Telephone interview , then face to face , then the psycho test ,then technical test ,and then a further final interview

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by kevlong View Post
    Slightly unusual at the later stages of recruitment. These tend to be run earlier on to refine the initial interview lists. There are lots of types of profiling, but they all tend to be based on Yongian theories. Myers Briggs and Verax are tow that come to mind.

Kevlong
    Jungian

When we studied such things, as part of training to be a manager (having been doing the role for two years ) it was stressed again and again that they should never be used for selection, as they only indicate tendencies. So, in MBTi, someone with strongly Inituitive results can, nonetheless, still learn how to work Logically.

It's main role should be for self-understanding, and to identify, perhaps, areas for training. It helps in understanding team dynamics. But not really in constructing a team.

If it's being done at the final stages, then I'd suspect that it really isn't to do with selection.
    Last edited by NotAllThere; 10 March 2009, 12:42.

Leave a comment:

• kevlong
    replied

Kevlong

Leave a comment:

• Torran
    replied
    Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
    Normally had these done early on in the interview stage - they just say I'm a woman

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    Normally had these done early on in the interview stage - they just say I'm a bossy cow who loves praise.

Leave a comment:

• unemployed
    started a topic psychometric testing

psychometric testing

Anyone had to do one of these at final interview stage ?

Role in question is a perm placement.

Working...
X