• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Von Essen Consulting"

Collapse

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Anyone got an update on Von Essen? Interesting reading various historic thread on the topic.

Leave a comment:

• dty
    replied
    Originally posted by aldman View Post
    They didn't always pay on time, don't reply to your e-mails, I'm still waiting for my last 6 weeks pay. There tax solutions are very scary, skirting the boundary between evasion and avoidance. Large tax liabilities may be incurred.
    You've revived at least two old threads about separate agents and claimed the agent in each still owes you 6 week's pay. What's your game?

Leave a comment:

• aldman
    replied
    Dodgy-Stay Well Clear

They didn't always pay on time, don't reply to your e-mails, I'm still waiting for my last 6 weeks pay. There tax solutions are very scary, skirting the boundary between evasion and avoidance. Large tax liabilities may be incurred.

Leave a comment:

• Pangdene
    replied
    Von Essen offering contract roles?

Hi,

I found my way here via Google after getting the following email -

"We are looking for a contractor on a direct basis to manage some of our projects, I found your CV on jobsite so can you let me know if you are available now or in the near future. The project will be mainly based at home with occasional travel to Bristol, London and Dublin.

Kind regards
    Mod snip: no names please.

I was made redundant a month ago, and trying to find my first contract asap!

Having read this thread, VE look like an organisation to steer clear of, but has anyone heard of them offering contracts like this?

I was going to reply back asking for more details fo the role, but now I don't think I will - even though I need something!

Thanks
    Mark

Leave a comment:

• lukasz657
    replied
    Originally posted by Netraider View Post
    Has anybody worked with, or is anybody associated with Von Essen Consulting?

Any good or bad things about them?
    Don't work with those guys. They are a complete disaster. They have ruined my contract in Germany. Do not believe in any declarations they make course it will cost you a lot of money. The only thing they can do is take a large chunk of your money and ask you if you know some other naive guys to sign up with them. I wish I have made some research on them before I signed them.

Leave a comment:

• legolas
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    A good chance of losing a lot of money?

Seriously, if you can't understand the gist of this thread (which is now three years old, incidentally) either you shouldn't be messing with such things or you work for Von Essen.
    Hi malvolio,

first of all, thanks a lot for your sudden reply.

I didn't register as associate after reading most of this thread, so finally I can understand to have learned the gist of that...

I'm not an English guy, so I didn't understand many relations reported throughout this thread (included the links existing with another suspicious company): mainly for this reason I asked an opinion/information about a such type of affiliation (associate status, a sort of pre-employed contract in my understanding).

It seems to be clear that I'm not one of the Von Essen 'henchmen' .

Regards.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by legolas View Post
    ? Could someone help me to better understand Von Essen what really represents?

Thanks in advance.
    A good chance of losing a lot of money?

Seriously, if you can't understand the gist of this thread (which is now three years old, incidentally) either you shouldn't be messing with such things or you work for Von Essen.

Leave a comment:

• legolas
    replied
    Dear all,

this is my first post: I'm a new member, I've reached this forum googling about Von Essen Consulting and mainly looking for opinions on it.

I have been contacted by Von Essen Consulting. In our mail exchanges, I have not had responses to my questions and I thought it as a suspicious behaviour.
    Currently, Von Essen contractor asks me to fill in the registration form for associate status, but I'm really doubtful about that, after reading many comments of this thread.

Could someone help me to better clarify the associate status position? Could someone help me to better understand Von Essen what really represents?

Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• Leijona
    replied
    New activity from Von Essen

I've come to the forum googling for "Von Essen".. I have just received an agreement of sorts from them, for me to sign.. and that's weird. My experience has been that an agency finds me a job, and THEN I have to sign something
    So, this feeling somewhat dodgy, I had to check what they are about. I think now I'll stick to my original reaction: *just ignore them*

"Dear ... (name removed)
    I would like to thank you for accepting our invitation to become an Associate of Von Essen
    Consulting SA and look forward to a happy and prosperous relationship together. To
    complete this process we require you to sign at the bottom of this page.
    Upon joining you will enjoy a breadth and depth of services that will make your working life
    easier. Some of our key benefits are shown below but please contact us to hear everything
    that is available to our Associates:
     On The Bench Payments
    Our reward to you for helping our business grow
     Von Essen Partner Card
    An efficient method of receiving your rewards
     Resource Management
    A team dedicated to helping our Associates and Partners identify their next
    project
    The combination of our global reach, experience and expertise allows us to deliver solutions
    and the very highest levels of support to our consultants wherever they are working in the
    world. Our team of experts are always available to assist you with any enquires you may
    have and we look forward to hearing from you in the future.
    Kind regards
    ...(name removed)
    Head of contracts Management
    To Be Completed By the Associate
    I am happy to join Von Essen Consulting SA as an Associate whereby I can refer their
    Consultancy services to my colleagues. I have read and understood the attached Associate
    Agreement and accept that I will abide by all the terms and conditions.
    Signed by"

Leave a comment:

• EFPJ
    replied
    Von Essen

I have the same problem with Von Essen!
    These people are a complete nightmare and are with holding my payment for no reason!

They don't seem to realise that I too have financial commitments like a mortgage to pay!

With them holding my money back, I have missed payments on my financial commitments, which is now ruining my credit rating.

The finacial manager which I have been assigned to is worse that useless! They don't know anything! All they say is that "We have sent you your payment. If we have sent it, you must have it"!!!

I will NEVER recommend them to anyone!

Leave a comment:

• ITConsultantDK
    replied
    Originally posted by ITConsultantDK View Post
    Hi everyone!
    I would like to warn everyone of working with Von Essen Consulting.

I have unfortunately worked for this firm as an IT-Consultant. Their role was to handle my salary and of course take a management fee for this.

As things are right now I have still not received my salary for December 2010 and we are in the end of February.

The only thing I am getting from these guys are how much they will be extracting as management fee. In reality there have not been any management at all since I had decided to cancel my contract with them due to lack of professionalism.

I have by now contacted them countless time regarding my salary for December 2010, they keep delaying my salary with one excuse after another. The only thing they seems to care about is extracting their own management fee for work they have never done.

I have made several complaints by writing to the only email address of Von Essen consulting, that I have been able to find <snip>]. But nothing happens. It's like they have experienced this before and are trying to make it impossible for customers to make complaints.

I have asked about the email addresses of the management, yes even the CEO by writing to <snip> but this email have been completely ignored.

I have now come to the point were I have decided to start contacting local authorities: police office, tax office, etc.

Want I want with this thread is to warn everyone of dealing with Von Essen Consulting.

Sincerely
    A frustrated IT-Consultant.

[Mod] some content removed before being let through [/Mod]

UPDATE:
    I have had my financial problem solved with Von Essen Consulting.
    Sorry for not having updated this thread earlier.

Leave a comment:

• Alien
    replied
    Latest with Von Essen

Hi Guys,

My first post.....my first contract.....and my first assignment abroad....yep a proper noobie

I've also been offered a contract abroad and the agency are insisting I use Von Essen (probably down to getting a visa/immigration sorted quickly?).

I wanted to ask what my options are in terms of trying to get a visa abroad?- ie is there an equivalent?

How can I prevent issues with tax?- other than not use them?

What are my alternatives?

KaiserSoSay- have you started using them? if so how you getting on?

Apologies guys- but already nervous being my first contract and now read this stuff about VE lets just say this contract is now feeling like more headache than its worth

Leave a comment:

• jdev
    replied
    Originally posted by KaiserSoSay View Post
    Has there been any update on this? I've been offered a gig abroad however the agency are pushing me to use Von Essen and have advised I cant use my UK ltd company (not sure why this is the case as the agency is also a UK company?)......

As far as I'm aware they are still in business. I used them for a six month contract in 2009 and still are sorting out tax stuff with them due to there constant mistakes. Personally I will never use them again and would think twice about any one who would recommend them. I don't think they are closing down or anything but in my opinion they are just are not very good.

Leave a comment:

• KaiserSoSay
    replied
    Has there been any update on this? I've been offered a gig abroad however the agency are pushing me to use Von Essen and have advised I cant use my UK ltd company (not sure why this is the case as the agency is also a UK company?)......

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by Von Essen View Post
    As mentioned above, you have my contact details, I am available to discuss this with you.

Kind regards
    Sounds like a stuck record - what's wrong with defending yourself on the forum?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X