• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Signing contract extensions retrospectively"

Collapse

• DS23
    replied
    3 yrs? jeez. get the hell outta there as soon as you can.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I once had an agency try to charge me £120 for signing a "reference" - basically confirming I had been on site.

They have since gone under. I am not suprised.
    I'd charge more than £120 to say anything nice about you, though.

It'll cost £500 not to point prospective clients to TPD,for a starter

Leave a comment:

• neilmcl
    replied
    A while ago Elan moved some of their operations to Solihull and apparently lost a lot of documentation in the move. I was asked to resend them the usual company stuff, VAT cert, bank details etc. It's entirely up to you whether you re-sign previous extensions as it doesn't make the slightest difference, as mentioned you've already accepted their T&Cs by starting each extension.

I'd be interested how you think you can use another agency, Elan should have some sort of handcuff clause in their contract for that.
    Last edited by neilmcl; 13 November 2008, 08:06.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
    You can bill them £££ for a few sigs
    I once had an agency try to charge me £120 for signing a "reference" - basically confirming I had been on site.

They have since gone under. I am not suprised.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by YHB View Post
    the contracts will have a lockin clause- dont sign without removal/crossing this out and initialling.

If the contract not signed and little proof you read then they will struggle when forcing u to stay with them
    That's worth a try - I would cross the clause out, initial it, and sign it with the date that you sent back the original.

Then send them a photocopy of this, so that it appears that this is what you originally sent them, then it's easier to get out of any handcuff clause.

Of course, this may all be irrelevant if they have a handcuff clause with the client that stops them from using a different agency to secure the services of the OP. It's well worth checking with the client that they are OK for you to change agency before doing anything, though.

Leave a comment:

• kay
    replied
    Signing contract extensions retrospectively

I didn't send the previously signed extensions by recorded mail. I guess I will have to check them carefully to make sure they haven't sneaked in a clause that might affect me switching to another agency and will charge them for admin.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by kay View Post
    ... I got the following email regarding previous extensions going back 3 yrs :

I have checked all our files and we do not have these documents signed.
    We need these as we have to have signed copies for all extensions and
    contracts for all contractors as part of audit requirements.

Now they want me to sign all the previous extensions as they 'don't seem to have them in their records'.
    Has anyone experienced this? am I obliged to sign these expired extensions?
    Please advise.
    They seem to have forgotten to explain to you the link between
    "we need"
    and
    "you need to"

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by kay View Post
    I have been working thru Elan for more than 3 yrs, my contract is extended by the client every 6 months. Each time I got an extension I signed the contract and sent it to the agency.
    I have not been happy with their services and have told them that I'll be looking to use another agency for my next extension.
    ThenI got the following email regarding previous extensions going back 3 yrs :

Now they want me to sign all the previous extensions as they 'don't seem to have them in their records'.
    Please advise.
    Just out of interest, when you originally signed these documents, did you scan and email them the information or did you post it to them? If you posted the information to them, did you send them by recorded / registered post? If so, you can send them a copy of the tracking details as proof that you had sent them the details. If you have an email copy, send them a copy of the original docs and advise them that if they "misplace" the details, you will be invoicing them your cost for resolving their problem.

Leave a comment:

• badger7579
    replied
    He's already signed as he has carried on working for the client.

Leave a comment:

• YHB
    replied
    the contracts will have a lockin clause- dont sign without removal/crossing this out and initialling.

If the contract not signed and little proof you read then they will struggle when forcing u to stay with them

Leave a comment:

• badger7579
    replied
    Originally posted by Hex View Post
    Why sign anything new if you're not going to use them again? What they're required to have for their Audit requirements is nothing to do with you. Ignore them.

Check out that you are within your legal rights before using another agency though.
    You can bill them £££ for a few sigs

Leave a comment:

• Hex
    replied
    Why sign anything new if you're not going to use them again? What they're required to have for their Audit requirements is nothing to do with you. Ignore them.

Check out that you are within your legal rights before using another agency though.

Leave a comment:

• badger7579
    replied
    I believe that regardless of you signing the document that fact that you have continued to work for the client means you have accepted the contract so what does it matter if Elan want you to sign these?

However as its their mistake and they have misplaced the signed contracts bill them for your "admin" time to sign these for them.

Just out of curiosity how do you propose to go about using another agent for your next extension (assuming your offered one)? Why not go direct?

Leave a comment:

• kay
    started a topic Signing contract extensions retrospectively

Signing contract extensions retrospectively

I have been working thru Elan for more than 3 yrs, my contract is extended by the client every 6 months. Each time I got an extension I signed the contract and sent it to the agency.
    I have not been happy with their services and have told them that I'll be looking to use another agency for my next extension.
    ThenI got the following email regarding previous extensions going back 3 yrs :

Please advise.

Working...
X