• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Agent & contract problems - 1st time contractor"

Collapse

• Briggers
    replied
    What was the name of the agency?

Leave a comment:

• kultamuru
    replied
    Thank you Zeitghost and BlasterBates! This issue has been resolved.

They finally sent through the requested electronic version of the contract. Er, like 2days later! That was after the agency got a nudge from the client too. Have also heard bad encounters with them experienced by co-worker. So, I have to be careful with these agents in the future.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Doesn't sound serious.

Normally you're paid once a month and usually the first payment will come two to three weeks after completion of the month. First payments at the beginning can get held up.

Only in a downturn where agencies are on the brink of bankruptcy do you need to worry about not being paid.

As long as the company is solvent you'll get paid.

Leave a comment:

• kultamuru
    replied
    Not yet so far. I've sent in 3 timesheets up till now.

2 last Tuesday which only got processed this Monday. But according to the 3rd party financial service agency who's supposed to pay me, pay for the past 2 timesheets will go through next Friday.

1 Tuesday past, which got processed yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• kultamuru
    started a topic Agent & contract problems - 1st time contractor

Agent & contract problems - 1st time contractor

Hi all,

Would like to seek some advice on a situation. I recently went on a 3month p/time contract.

The agency was rather pushy for my signing of the contract. The following day after signing, I had to start work. My mistake was, under that condition I have forgotten to ask for a photocopy of that contract to take home for reading. The agency mentions that once all parties involved has signed the contract, it would be put in the post to me.

Enter the 4th week at work, I have yet to receive the contract. I called the agency to check. They claim that there's been a backlog of unsigned contracts by their superior (M.D., CEO, who ever!), thus it might be under that pile. (highly suspicious rubbish)

I have politely asked for an electronic copy of the contract to be emailed for my reference, I haven't had a closer look at the T&C since. They still haven't click the attach & send buttons despite the hiring manager has emailed them & requested for it, & I followed with a call.

What should I do?

Working...
X