• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Agent Feedback

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Agent Feedback"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by 1yearlater View Post
    I think this thread is now closed!

NotAllThere I aspire to be you the rates creeping up but not there yet!
    My first contract was £216 a day. But that was a long time ago. Don't worry, you'll get there.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    This feedback thing is difficult with most agents being too cowardly too nice even or too lazy to make the effort. I am quite fortunate because I have a number of people who have little emotional intelligence and tell contractors "as it is" and move on quickly.

Leave a comment:

• 1yearlater
    replied
    I think this thread is now closed!

NotAllThere I aspire to be you the rates creaping up but not there yet!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    ... hey, would you turn down £400pd?
    INKSPE

Leave a comment:

• Crossroads
    replied
    but hey, would you turn down £400pd?
    Yes. Next.

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    Nice comment apprantly it went back to procurement to get to roles, so yes im probably the number 2 but hey, would you turn down £400pd?
    No. And more fool the person who turned it down.

I was joshing, you know.

Leave a comment:

• 1yearlater
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
    If they waited a week, it means they probably offered it to 2 or 3 other people before you and thay turned it down. Not wanting to burst your bubble or anything
    Nice comment apprantly it went back to procurement to get to roles, so yes im probably the number 2 but hey, would you turn down £400pd?

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    If they waited a week, it means they probably offered it to 2 or 3 other people before you and thay turned it down. Not wanting to burst your bubble or anything

Leave a comment:

• Torran
    replied
    well done. Teach you not to moan so quickly next time

Leave a comment:

• 1yearlater
    replied
    Nope not new to contracting, 4 years in now... Only went and got the bloody job haven't I, 12monther in the current climate sounds good to me.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Ive been waiting now for 1 week after my interview for feedback, I know that i was the last person to be interviewed. The agent keeps saying that its with procurement and he's awaiting the decision.

I usually hear back within 2 days if im successfull or not. Is this agent just prolonging the agony and keeping me hanging, or should it take this long? Do you think I am within my rights to contact the company direct for an answer?
    Hmm, I get the feeling your are new to contracting...

Leave a comment:

• smiff
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I never expect feedback having submitted my CV. But once I have been to interview then just a phone call is politeness - though better to have any comments so I can improve next time.

After all - agents expect immediate feedback from us after an interview.
    For sure. Some of those agents I have dealt with, have called with feedback post-interview, some haven't. It's about a 60-40 split, with the deafening silence merchants winning at the moment.
    Last edited by smiff; 3 June 2008, 07:41.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by smiff View Post
    Unfortunately, if you aren't successful at interview, you are a piece of dog doo on the shoe of the agent. Until another role appears.
    I never expect feedback having submitted my CV. But once I have been to interview then just a phone call is politeness - though better to have any comments so I can improve next time.

After all - agents expect immediate feedback from us after an interview.

Leave a comment:

• smiff
    replied
    Yeah it looks to me like I've lost this one! Does my head in that the agent cant act in a professional manner and let me know. On the otherhand he may not know and im just giving him bad press!
    Unfortunately, if you aren't successful at interview, you are a piece of dog doo on the shoe of the agent. Until another role appears.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    99% likelihood you've not got the job, I'm afraid. If you want to contact the client to ask what's going on, then do so. It's a free country. (just). You've the right to call anyone you like.
    There is an outside chance it is held up on budget. The current gig took 6 weeks to get a response(I got the job - they found a permie who they hated and came back to me).

But What NotAllThere Said .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X