• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Agencey not telling the truth - normal?"

Collapse

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by stan2484 View Post
    Fair point ferret, but rudeness is something that gets my goat.

Blood pressure now down to normal levels so I apologise for the outburst to all, yes including DA, sorry to tie all of you with the same brush.

RandyW, as for being a "little oik" believe me thats the first time since I was 12 I have been called little!! So thank you.
    I agree with what you say (I dont like many of them either) but there are some good ones

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    tie
    tar?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluebird View Post
    Merry Chritsmas.
    Christmas

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by ferret View Post
    Stan - DA has been hanging out on these forums and giving us contractors excellent advice and insights into the murky world of the agent for longer than I care to remember and he really does not deserve the slagging you have given him.
    Even though it is of course, all true.

Leave a comment:

• stan2484
    replied
    Originally posted by ferret View Post
    Stan - DA has been hanging out on these forums and giving us contractors excellent advice and insights into the murky world of the agent for longer than I care to remember and he really does not deserve the slagging you have given him.

In my experience agents follow cash, it is what motivates them. If you did not get the role, or the client interviewed and then shelved a project etc they do not always get back to us contractors to tell us. Rude I know but that is the way it goes so best deal with it rather than raise your blood pressure.

A rant is good to let off steam but please, you will do yourself an injury at this rate.

Fair point ferret, but rudeness is something that gets my goat.

Blood pressure now down to normal levels so I apologise for the outburst to all, yes including DA, sorry to tie all of you with the same brush.

RandyW, as for being a "little oik" believe me thats the first time since I was 12 I have been called little!! So thank you.

Leave a comment:

• ferret
    replied
    With this post you have just proved the point that you are a bunch of ****, as for my failure rate, I haven't had a day on the bench since I started in 2 years with multiple contracts, extensions offered in everyone of them, and repeat business. As for friends I have lots thank you (something that is probably alien to you), I have not had to rely on any to get me a role (which you imply in the drivel you posted), but we try to sort each other out with direct gigs so we can cut the likes of you out of the loop.

As I said its my opinion, the dealings I have had with your creed have made me think this way, and as it is a forum for Contractors and not Pimps I feel it is my right to be able to air it on here.

If you take offence with my comments then to be honest I couldn't give a fig, as you are a pimp and therefore your opinon is like getting dirt on my shoe, an irritation easily washed away.

So if don't like people airing opinions about your chosen profession, why don't you go away to a forum for Pimps and leave us Contractors to have our say.

In my experience agents follow cash, it is what motivates them. If you did not get the role, or the client interviewed and then shelved a project etc they do not always get back to us contractors to tell us. Rude I know but that is the way it goes so best deal with it rather than raise your blood pressure.

A rant is good to let off steam but please, you will do yourself an injury at this rate.

Leave a comment:

• RandyW
    replied
    With this post you have just proved the point that you are a bunch of ****, as for my failure rate, I haven't had a day on the bench since I started in 2 years with multiple contracts, extensions offered in everyone of them, and repeat business. As for friends I have lots thank you (something that is probably alien to you), I have not had to rely on any to get me a role (which you imply in the drivel you posted), but we try to sort each other out with direct gigs so we can cut the likes of you out of the loop.

As I said its my opinion, the dealings I have had with your creed have made me think this way, and as it is a forum for Contractors and not Pimps I feel it is my right to be able to air it on here.

If you take offence with my comments then to be honest I couldn't give a fig, as you are a pimp and therefore your opinon is like getting dirt on my shoe, an irritation easily washed away.

So if don't like people airing opinions about your chosen profession, why don't you go away to a forum for Pimps and leave us Contractors to have our say.
    May I suggest you get some help dealing with your anger issues? Behave yourself you little oik.

Leave a comment:

• stan2484
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Presumably if you so hate agents I would imagine you find it hard to disguise the fact. So it is poetic justice that they ignore you. With a failure rate as high as yours I would suggest that you need as many friends as you can get.

Last edited by ferret; 21 December 2007, 13:18. Reason: Toning down post...

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    replied
    Originally posted by monkeyBoy32 View Post
    Well it happened. I went for an interview for a contract. It WAS an interview for a contract. I get a call from the agent saying "They really, really like you" (that's why I think they like me...) "they like you so much in fact" (see?) "that they'd like to offer you a permie role" ta-dah!

I say, no thanks, let me know about the contract though.

The end.

That's what happened.

Fair enough?

If it was an interview for a contract then fine, you appeared to say in your first post that "perhaps there wasn't a contract in the first place".

From what you've just said in this post and your first, perhaps, just perhaps the agency were telling the truth and there were two positions - one permie & one contract.

Why though if the client liked you so much they wanted you permie, but then wouldn't take you contract is anyones guess.

As you say "it was a contract interview" and "somebody got that contract" so there must have been a contract post.

Anyway, good luck in your search.

Merry Chritsmas.

Leave a comment:

• monkeyBoy32
    replied
    the agency will only talk you while they stand a chance of making a buck out of you, so don't be surprised when there's no communication once you don't get the gig.

What is it that you think they "liked" about you so much ?

I still don't see how you can have an interview and get offered a permie role when you thought you were being interviewed for a contract...
    Well it happened. I went for an interview for a contract. It WAS an interview for a contract. I get a call from the agent saying "They really, really like you" (that's why I think they like me...) "they like you so much in fact" (see?) "that they'd like to offer you a permie role" ta-dah!

I say, no thanks, let me know about the contract though.

The end.

That's what happened.

Fair enough?

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    replied
    Originally posted by monkeyBoy32 View Post
    No need for the 'FFS' by the way - you haven't read the post properly.

I explained earlier that the interview was for a contract and followed the format of a contract interview. So there.

The point is, somewhere along the way, someone wasn't telling the truth - whether the potential client was in on it as well, I dont know. Maybe there was a contract but the agent ultimately knew that he would offer me a permie role.. I don't know - the point is, as soon as I said I wasn't interested in the permie role, the agent wasn't interested - hasn't even been polite enough to let me know I didn't get the contract which, considering they like me so much, is strange (if there actually was acontract).

OK?
    the agency will only talk you while they stand a chance of making a buck out of you, so don't be surprised when there's no communication once you don't get the gig.

What is it that you think they "liked" about you so much ?

I still don't see how you can have an interview and get offered a permie role when you thought you were being interviewed for a contract...

Leave a comment:

• monkeyBoy32
    replied
    Could you not suss out in the interview whether they wanted a permie or contract - if it was permie they would have told you about benefits [ pension etc ] ???

Didn't you ask FFS ??
    No need for the 'FFS' by the way - you haven't read the post properly.

I explained earlier that the interview was for a contract and followed the format of a contract interview. So there.

The point is, somewhere along the way, someone wasn't telling the truth - whether the potential client was in on it as well, I dont know. Maybe there was a contract but the agent ultimately knew that he would offer me a permie role.. I don't know - the point is, as soon as I said I wasn't interested in the permie role, the agent wasn't interested - hasn't even been polite enough to let me know I didn't get the contract which, considering they like me so much, is strange (if there actually was acontract).

OK?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    I had 3 interviews whilst looking for an new gig recently, and the 2 roles I didn't get I never got a call back from the agents letting me know I was unsuccessful, which is p*ss poor as I was in Jockland at the time and had to book a day off to go to London for one of them.

But it is what I have come to expect from this breed of blood sucking scum, I hate pimps, all of them without discrimination, and any time I can do a direct gig with a client I will laugh my arrse off knowing these scumbags arn't earning off the back of it.

My opinion, but I am sure there are a few fellow rate whores who will agree.
    Presumably if you so hate agents I would imagine you find it hard to disguise the fact. So it is poetic justice that they ignore you. With a failure rate as high as yours I would suggest that you need as many friends as you can get.

Leave a comment:

• backgetyou
    replied
    I'm sorry, but if you can't determine from an interview whether the post is permie or contract, and you don't ask - what the hell are you doing there in the first place ?
    I think the point being made is a fair one - he did not ask and at the interview it depends how long it takes and what is asked if you would determine what is being offered - for a perm you might expect this to be a bit longer but it could still just be a quick interview.

They wanted you to take the job and you learnt a lesson so the experience was just that an experience. You can always go for phone interview first if offered and sound out the job first to see if you are happy.

Leave a comment:

• backgetyou
    replied
    I had 3 interviews whilst looking for an new gig recently, and the 2 roles I didn't get I never got a call back from the agents letting me know I was unsuccessful, which is p*ss poor as I was in Jockland at the time and had to book a day off to go to London for one of them.

But it is what I have come to expect from this breed of blood sucking scum, I hate pimps, all of them without discrimination, and any time I can do a direct gig with a client I will laugh my arrse off knowing these scumbags arn't earning off the back of it.

My opinion, but I am sure there are a few fellow rate whores who will agree.
    Go direct. I have had many contracts direct or back with a client I contracted through before without using the agent.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X