• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: MCP Exams

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "MCP Exams"

Collapse

• Epiphone
    replied
    Join the MS Partner programme and get a discount voucher too.

Leave a comment:

• crimdon
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveP
    crikey,

so it's a bit rife for cheating, however am sure potential clients may not be aware of this & some still insist on mcp's mcse's etc
    They probably just use it to filter the amount of applications. I used to work for a gold partner and we were forced to maintain a number is MCSE's etc as staff members but other than that I don't see the point. Saying that I've decided to complete my MCDBA as its only one extra MCP.

Leave a comment:

• dotnetter
    replied
    crikey,

so it's a bit rife for cheating, however am sure potential clients may not be aware of this & some still insist on mcp's mcse's etc
    You cant do them online, I did all mine on a Saturday morning at a local testing centre.

Leave a comment:

• DaveP
    replied
    crikey,

Last edited by DaveP; 8 July 2007, 21:05.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Hi,

In the future I'd like to do a couple of MCP exams, my question is can they be done online.

In doing them I'd not need to take time out from my contract.

Any ideas ?

Cheers
    There are exam centres in the US that will allow you to do them online. This does open up the exams for cheating. There are also Indian exam centre who will take the exams for you, the cost being around three hundred pounds per exam. Both these systems can be booked via the Internet. The result is that Microsoft Qualifications mean diddly squat these days.

Leave a comment:

• DaveP
    replied
    thanks

Leave a comment:

• Kyajae
    replied
    cheers crossroads, useful advice
    Don't forget to record the exam costs as a legitimate business expense.

Leave a comment:

• DaveP
    replied
    cheers crossroads, useful advice

Leave a comment:

• Crossroads
    replied
    You will need to go to a test centre.

Some test centres are open late evening & weekends.

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    I doubt it. How would they know you weren't cheating

Leave a comment:

• DaveP
    started a topic MCP Exams

MCP Exams

Hi,

In the future I'd like to do a couple of MCP exams, my question is can they be done online.

In doing them I'd not need to take time out from my contract.

Any ideas ?

Cheers

Working...
X