• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MCP Exams

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MCP Exams

Hi,

In the future I'd like to do a couple of MCP exams, my question is can they be done online.

In doing them I'd not need to take time out from my contract.

Any ideas ?

Cheers

I doubt it. How would they know you weren't cheating

Comment

You will need to go to a test centre.

Some test centres are open late evening & weekends.

Comment

cheers crossroads, useful advice

Comment

Originally posted by DaveP
          cheers crossroads, useful advice
          Don't forget to record the exam costs as a legitimate business expense.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Hi,

In the future I'd like to do a couple of MCP exams, my question is can they be done online.

In doing them I'd not need to take time out from my contract.

Any ideas ?

Cheers
              There are exam centres in the US that will allow you to do them online. This does open up the exams for cheating. There are also Indian exam centre who will take the exams for you, the cost being around three hundred pounds per exam. Both these systems can be booked via the Internet. The result is that Microsoft Qualifications mean diddly squat these days.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

crikey,

so it's a bit rife for cheating, however am sure potential clients may not be aware of this & some still insist on mcp's mcse's etc
                Last edited by DaveP; 8 July 2007, 21:05.

Comment

crikey,

so it's a bit rife for cheating, however am sure potential clients may not be aware of this & some still insist on mcp's mcse's etc
                  You cant do them online, I did all mine on a Saturday morning at a local testing centre.

Comment

crikey,

They probably just use it to filter the amount of applications. I used to work for a gold partner and we were forced to maintain a number is MCSE's etc as staff members but other than that I don't see the point. Saying that I've decided to complete my MCDBA as its only one extra MCP.

Comment

Working...
                    X