• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: pay delay

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "pay delay"

Collapse

• malvolio
    replied
    Same group, same attitude...

Leave a comment:

• Budgie
    replied
    Hoaxley

Budgie

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio
    CP, by any chance?
    don't think so, in his 1st post he says its about mechanical engineering ?

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    The rules state that self billing must be by mutual consent, but they also saythat one side or the other can make it a condition of trading. Snag is, the rules are written from the POV of a supplier of pyhysical goods in some kind of retail market; I've not been able to persuade anyone that supplies of services are different.

Meanwhile, it looks like you use it or you walk away. And be very careful of your VAT position, especially around expenses and especially if you are on flat rate

CP, by any chance?

Leave a comment:

• Budgie
    replied
    invoice permission

I would like to use the no permission for their generation of my invoices. But this Agency has been appalling - they will disregard what I say unless I can quote backing for refusing their invoices.

Budgie
    ( - always succeeds - well not always)

Leave a comment:

• Euro-commuter
    replied
    Originally posted by interested
    Tons of companies use self-billing - not just in the world of contractors either. Get used to it
    Yes, but they can't do it without your permission.

Leave a comment:

• Budgie
    replied
    Hmm. Self billing - get used to it? It seems odd, awkward and against the spirit of a Ltd Co - am I an independent contractor or an employee? Agency rehashes everything, but only after I'm hooked into the contract - seems unfair to me.

I did generate a couple of my invoices on the Agency's system, but as I said they were illegal (without my Reg address and the VAT rate). So have used mine instead.

However, have not been paid on Agency generated invoices or on mine.

Budgie
    ( - always succeeds)

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    When you invoice just create your own invoice as well with all relevant details and post it to them.

That way if it isn't paid within 30 days you can charge them interest.

Threatening to down tools if it isn't sorted out and actually downing tools is not the same thing (Although you should be willing to down tools, if they are never going to pay you you are wasting your life away for nothing).

The client will be more pissed at them than he will at you, nobody expects you to work for free.

Leave a comment:

• interested
    replied
    Originally posted by Budgie
    Oraclesmith

By "their invoices" I mean the invoices their computerised system generates for my Co from the approved (again on their site) time sheets.

No, I do not like them generating my Co invoices because it means invoices that are meant to come from my Co, under my control, are actually prepared by the Agency on their computers and under their control.

I do not mean the invoices the Agency generates for itself to send to the client.

Budgie
    ( - always succeeds)
    Tons of companies use self-billing - not just in the world of contractors either. Get used to it

Leave a comment:

• Budgie
    replied
    Oraclesmith

By "their invoices" I mean the invoices their computerised system generates for my Co from the approved (again on their site) time sheets.

No, I do not like them generating my Co invoices because it means invoices that are meant to come from my Co, under my control, are actually prepared by the Agency on their computers and under their control.

I do not mean the invoices the Agency generates for itself to send to the client.

Budgie
    ( - always succeeds)

Leave a comment:

• oraclesmith
    replied
    If you are on good terms with the client, get them to put pressure on the agency. They have more power in that they pay the agency to the contract.

Also, if you have not opted out of the agency regs, you are in a good legal position.

Leave a comment:

• Budgie
    replied
    Thanks for info.

Time sheets are to Agency specs - it is their own computerised system. My invoices are my own however, because theirs are illegal. They claim that they will pay if I fill in another form with my bank details. But they already have my bank details - the recruiter even quoted the data to me over the phone!! Since this cropped up 3 weeks into the contract this is an excuse.

Know you are right about walking away but a bit scary to threaten this. The Client will be pissed and I will probably see no pay at all - breaking the contract. Oh well, here goes.

Seems hoaxers don't just trawl false jobs. Wish I'd seen your site before I took the contract.

Budgie
    ( - always succeeds)

Leave a comment:

• oraclesmith
    replied
    I don't understand the mention of invoices. Why would you see their invoices ? You're supposed to invoice them according to your contract and they invoice the client according to their contract with the client.

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    assuming that your timesheet(s) and invoice(s) have been processed in accordance with the agency procedures and assuming that the deadline for payment from the agency to you has passed... down tools now (email & letter all and sundry with reasons why).

if that does not force an immediate payment you are bloody well out of it!

while your tools are down get that financial check done on the agency and start looking for another gig.

fingers crossed it is just admin incompetence.

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    replied
    Try these.....

http://www.journalism.co.uk/features/story1656.shtml

http://www.contractoruk.com/news/002880.html

Leave a comment:

Working...
X