• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Post-April contract options"

Collapse

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by ContractorBanking View Post

Thanks for the feedback.

So, in practical terms, is it a case of:

- draft new contract between MyCo and ParentCo (using Bauer & Cottrell or QDOS)
    - getting ParentCo to issue SDS with outside determination

Sounds like that is all that needs to be agreed (easier said than done but the willingness is there on both sides).

Anything else that would strengthen the case?

thanks again
    Yes, sure. If the client has any sense, then they'll want to ensure that your WPs are clearly outside (assuming they are seeking to issue an SDS that confirms it), but your goal is to get an outside determination in an SDS. In terms of strengthening the case, it's really for your client to determine what risk they're willing to accept, but the WPs that are (far) outside IR35 are pretty clear by now.

The alternative is that you go through an umbrella, for example, and that they pay you significantly more to account for that.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Rather than fabricating things to make it look outside, you really need to have a proper and honest assessment of your working practises. If your client is amenable, the discussion needs to be frank with honest scenario testing of SDC, RoS, MOO. The paperwork means nothing if the way you're working doesn't pass muster.

Leave a comment:

• ContractorBanking
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

It really doesn't matter what it looks like to you or to us, rather to the supply chain above your PSC, and mainly to the client who issues the SDS and to the Fee Payer that takes on most of the risk once the SDS is issued (client and Fee Payer are the same thing in your example). If they issue an SDS that indicates the contract is outside, then no worries, the risk is not on YourCo (absent fraud, which is not applicable here).
    Thanks for the feedback.

So, in practical terms, is it a case of:

- draft new contract between MyCo and ParentCo (using Bauer & Cottrell or QDOS)
    - getting ParentCo to issue SDS with outside determination

Sounds like that is all that needs to be agreed (easier said than done but the willingness is there on both sides).

Anything else that would strengthen the case?

thanks again

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

It really doesn't matter what it looks like to you or to us, rather to the supply chain above your PSC, and mainly to the client who issues the SDS and to the Fee Payer that takes on most of the risk once the SDS is issued (client and Fee Payer are the same thing in your example). If they issue an SDS that indicates the contract is outside, then no worries, the risk is not on YourCo (absent fraud, which is not applicable here).
    The fact the OP is still talking old school IR35 and doesn't get the above is rather worrying.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by ContractorBanking View Post
    How does this look from an IR35 perspective post-April?

Leave a comment:

• ContractorBanking
    started a topic Post-April contract options

Post-April contract options

I finished with my current client last Fri, as I didn't wish to remain as PAYE and jeopardize the near-3 years I've been with them.

They've always stated they wanted me to remain within the wider organisation and have now come back with an 'offer'. They're looking for guidance on what would be acceptable and how it should be implemented such that its fair to both parties. They will then run it past their Contracts/Legal team.

Major points are:

- offboard with current client and work for the parent company instead
    - I'm currently direct with client, no agency or intermediary involved, and that will remain the case once MyCo Ltd contracts with ParentCo
    - role change - genuine change, not paper exercise, from BA to advisor and pre-sales client discussions, so completely different
    - move from full time to part-time basis
    - days/hours not known, but anything from 4-10 days per month is the expectation, but this is dependent on client demand, etc and is variable and not guaranteed
    - payment terms will be delivery/milestones based and not day rate
    - I will be working with some existing clients but from a different perspective, plus new and prospective clients

One thing I need to look into is a letter of working practices agreed between both parties.

How does this look from an IR35 perspective post-April?

I've contacted a few well known advisors and awaiting their feedback but wouldn't mind hearing your thoughts on the above.

Separately, I'm interviewing with other clients for permie/PAYE/contract roles with a view to working on these on a part-time basis, assuming they're in agreement.

Decided to take a couple of weeks off whilst kids are off for half term so not in a rush but would prefer to get the contract sorted.

Any advise greatly appreciated.

thanks

Working...
X