• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone used Bench Direct?"

Collapse

• ClaireE
    replied
    Hi all. Bizarre came across this thread and although I am clearly a bit late to the party on this one I still wanted to clear up any confusion/questions. Bench.Direct are, indeed, real and I know this as I head it up. Please feel free to get in touch with any questions, we have come a loooong way since March 2020. Stay safe all

Leave a comment:

• oliverson
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    rather an unfortunate name for an agency that.
    ha ha ha ha ha.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
    Well the role seems to be pukka I have been sent a proper looking JD with client name branding on it!
    Now awaiting IR35 status, and my CV was sent regardless of registering on Bench Direct so it's not a scam after all.
    If its a job description I wouldn't be holding your breath for a favourable IR35 result...

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
    Well the role seems to be pukka I have been sent a proper looking JD with client name branding on it!
    Now awaiting IR35 status, and my CV was sent regardless of registering on Bench Direct so it's not a scam after all.
    Good to know. It's hard to tell with so many fly by nights

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    Rather an unfortunate name for an agency that.
    that isn't the agency name, though the parent company of the agent owns the website.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Exactly what I was thinking!

If you've got a client name that suggests something may actually exist but take the outside IR35 status with a pinch of salt until you've seen proof

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    well digging around I found the address for Bench Direct and the agency was the same and the same person owns both.

It is also very new.... there are just a handful of profiles on there already.

As to whether the role is real or not.... they have given me the name of the client. only one way to find out for sure!

Leave a comment:

• jayn200
    replied
    Never heard of it but there is no contract sorry.

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    started a topic Anyone used Bench Direct?

Anyone used Bench Direct?

Yes I did try a search before posting this.

I was called by an agent today for a potential role after he found my CV on one of the job sites. The gig sounds good and is outside IR 35 so I confirmed I wanted to be put forward.

An hour later he calls back again saying I should setup a profile on bench.direct and they will submit that instead of my CV.

The agency isn't one I have heard of before but googling them they seem legit... I don't know if both are connected in some way or not.

Is this "too good to be true" or is anyone out there getting success from Bench Direct?

TIA

Working...
X