• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "QDOS have suspended their 24 contract review turnaround"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
    me too so why did it take so long for them to tell us I wonder.
    I got it as well.

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Just got this email
    me too so why did it take so long for them to tell us I wonder.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Just got this email

IMPORTANT NOTICE
    Temporary suspension of turnaround services

Due to incredibly high volumes of contract reviews currently experienced, we have decided to temporarily suspend our next day and same day turnaround services. We are working hard to resume this service as soon as possible.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If you have been provided with a discount for one of our turnaround services, please accept our apologies that we cannot ensure delivery of this service at this time. Should you wish to use your discount, please get in touch and we will extend the validity for another 12 months.

Thank you for your patience.

Contact Us

Call: 0116 2690999 Email: [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• Bluecat
    replied
    Sorry- nothing special, just a basic review. I think it looks ok, but I'd feel better if an expert checked it over and gave me a second opinion.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluecat View Post
    Just rang QDOS. The one day turn-around is still suspended, and it isn't due to be back any time soon (well, at least not soon enough for me). Then rang Abbey Tax and as I'm not a member of anything the quote I was given for a one day turnaround IR35 review came to over £500.

Anyone use any other firm to do this sort of thing?
    What sort of review do you want?

Leave a comment:

• Bluecat
    replied
    Gaaaaa- if not QDOS, then who?!?

Just rang QDOS. The one day turn-around is still suspended, and it isn't due to be back any time soon (well, at least not soon enough for me). Then rang Abbey Tax and as I'm not a member of anything the quote I was given for a one day turnaround IR35 review came to over £500.

Anyone use any other firm to do this sort of thing?

Leave a comment:

• teapot418
    replied
    Originally posted by Milkyway View Post
    I was thinking about that. But QDOS are AWESOME , so I am slightly thinking twice to check with others.

Also, what will be the situation with the TLC35 that i have with QDOS, if i get the contract reviewed by others like IPSE et al.? Would the TLC35 still cover my contract?
    Those are the questions that come to mind. Will be asking QDOS these Qs once i decide to go get the review by others.

The other option for me right now is IPSE, since I am IPSE+ member.
    The cost is high for express service, but even if I go with them, would they do the same extra services like directly talking to the agencies et al. and getting the paperwork / wordings changed and agreed on my behalf before i sign.
    QDOS do this very well, and I have used them time and time again.

Time is running out! Very fast indeed too! Need to think about something quick.
    Pick up the phone to Abbey Tax and ask. Expensive = less expensive than a week's lost billing.

Leave a comment:

• Alias
    replied
    Mine took 2.5 days through the standard IPSE contract review service with AbbeyTax doing the checking...

Leave a comment:

• Milkyway
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Have you tried any other contract check providers?
    I was thinking about that. But QDOS are AWESOME , so I am slightly thinking twice to check with others.

Also, what will be the situation with the TLC35 that i have with QDOS, if i get the contract reviewed by others like IPSE et al.? Would the TLC35 still cover my contract?
    Those are the questions that come to mind. Will be asking QDOS these Qs once i decide to go get the review by others.

The other option for me right now is IPSE, since I am IPSE+ member.
    The cost is high for express service, but even if I go with them, would they do the same extra services like directly talking to the agencies et al. and getting the paperwork / wordings changed and agreed on my behalf before i sign.
    QDOS do this very well, and I have used them time and time again.

Time is running out! Very fast indeed too! Need to think about something quick.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Have you tried any other contract check providers?

Leave a comment:

• Milkyway
    replied
    Boom from me too Banana time, indeed.

Checked up with QDOS this evening and yes, they have said they cannot do the same day or next day service as yet.
    It will be a full 5 days turnaround.
    So unfortunately I cannot start the role from Monday, so I will have to defer it until next Monday... that's a 3000 notes invoice potential gone in thin air
    Also I will need to tell the client why I am deferring it by week. What a chaos.
    I understand QDOS situation, but as a big company - they need to scale easily on demand, it does not matter it's s niche or not.

Leave a comment:

• heyya99
    replied
    Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    Um, you are on a contractor forum. Isn't the solution to this to hire contractors? It's often the model used when supply exceeds demand.
    He did say it's difficult because it's niche.

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    Originally posted by Qdos Contractor View Post
    Hi BBP

Sorry about this, unfortunately we have had to suspend the service (temporarily) because we are absolutely swamped with public sector. We have recruited a few extras (and hunting for more, although I'm sure you can imagine the difficulty for such a niche topic!) and the team are working lots of overtime just to get through it all within the standard turnarounds, so please rest assured that we are doing everything we can to resume as normal.
    At this time, we just simply cannot guarantee the turnarounds. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you. The option will return as soon as we can deliver it.
    Um, you are on a contractor forum. Isn't the solution to this to hire contractors? It's often the model used when supply exceeds demand.

Leave a comment:

• heyya99
    replied
    Mine took the full 5 days.

Leave a comment:

• ruasonid
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    Standard review takes up to 5 days, I start on Monday so what to do?

Delay start date and risk losing gig?

Start anyway and hope agent will make any necessary changes after I've started?

I've always used their 24 hour turnaround so may have to see if another provider is offerings the service.
    Might be worth giving Bauer and Cottrell a call to see if they can do it quickly for you

Leave a comment:

Working...
X