• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Business cards

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Business cards"

Collapse

• jayzeer
    replied
    look up YAC follow-me number on google - free service to get phone diverted to your chosen number & faxes emailed to you...

Leave a comment:

• oraclesmith
    replied
    I got some cracking 0844 numbers from 4tel for my Plan B project. About £5 each.

Leave a comment:

• TheMonkey
    replied
    I'd go 0845 - You lose about 10%-15% of callers by having an 0870. I have an 0845 to my land line where my dispatcher dispatches work to me (between sexual favours).

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    4tel have sorted me out. No complaints from me.

Leave a comment:

• Goya
    replied
    Thanks, I think I'll go with no job role & will use my wife's business address.

I was also thinking of using an 0870 number & sticking this one the cards. Any recommendations for where to get one? I normally use flextel, but they don't seem to route 0870 numbers to mobiles.

Leave a comment:

• TheMonkey
    replied
    I don't have business cards and I use my home address.

Never harmed me (Apart from the director from one contract gig appeared on my door one day begging me to renew).

Leave a comment:

• Mustang
    replied
    When I set up my company, I took out a PO Box at the local sorting office. It's only £50 a year (charged to the Co) and I put that on my business cards and put it on my cards and compliments slips. All Co mail goes there except from my accountant who sends it to home.

My registered company address is my accountants office so that all tax correspondance goes directly to him.

For an extra £50 the Post Office will deliver the PO box contents to your home but I go and pick it up. The local sorting office are great and I usually buy stamps and all other postage issues (recorded delivery etc) from them directly. Saves me having to queue up in the Post Office with all the pensioners collecting their money!!

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    http://www.vistaprint.co.uk

250 cards for less than a tenner. For that price, if they're crap you can bin them but mine were ok.

Edit: Oh but I'd add their email address to your spam list afterwards otherwise you get invited to reorder stuff daily.
    Last edited by Pondlife; 10 November 2006, 09:26.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    thunderlizard is right. I have no title on the card and pay a ton a month for a virtual office.

A good company to get your cards from is www.streetcards.co.uk. I seem to remember I paid less than a tenner for 25 cards and I just get another 25 when I need them...

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    It's pretty fashionable not to have a job title on a business card now. Mine says 'Consultant' though. Business address on mine is our actual office address, but if you haven't got one you can use a virtual office. Having no physical office at all would probably make you look a bit feckless.
    Other than that, our corporate logo along the top and some vendor cert logos down the side.

Leave a comment:

• Goya
    started a topic Business cards

Business cards

I'm in the process of getting a few business cards made up & wondered what people here put on theirs with regards to job role & business address.

I'm not sure I want to put down consultant, seems to be a derided word. I'm thinking of not putting a job role on the cards.

Business address - don't really want my home address listed (partly as I'm in the process of moving). I could put another address down (partner's business address), or again, just leave it off (although perhaps there's going to be a lot of white space now!).

What do you lot do?

Working...
X