• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "NFU Stratford Upon Avon?"

Collapse

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    I doubt many of the farm labourers you describe are in the NFU. The NFU represent their masters and overlords.
    #justsaying
    Indeed. Completely in keeping.

Lovely venue, just a bit too far to be practical for me for a contract.

Leave a comment:

• chopper
    replied
    Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
    It's a complete disgrace.

What sort of a message does this send to the people they are supposed to represent who are out tilling the fields, working their fingers to the bone while those who represent their interests apparently have their snouts in a very nice trough indeed
    It says "We are so keen to ensure we have the best talent in the industry working here to represent you, that we make our office environment a Great Place To Work(tm)"

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post

What sort of a message does this send to the people they are supposed to represent who are out tilling the fields, working their fingers to the bone while those who represent their interests apparently have their snouts in a very nice trough indeed
    I doubt many of the farm labourers you describe are in the NFU. The NFU represent their masters and overlords.
    #justsaying

Leave a comment:

• Pip in a Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by SeededLoaf View Post
    I did a short piece of work there a few years ago. Lovely place.. swimming pool in the building and chef cooked meals.

Compared to my current gig (portacabin), that site is like a palace.

Leave a comment:

• SeededLoaf
    replied
    I did a short piece of work there a few years ago. Lovely place.. swimming pool in the building and chef cooked meals.

Compared to my current gig (portacabin), that site is like a palace.

Leave a comment:

• ImaginativeTruth
    replied
    Interviewed with NFU for an EA job.

Called back to second interview - as a board member, complete with other directors interviewing me.

Exited twilight zone.....

Lovely receptionist on way to lift said they work you to death in NFU, but they do have a huge (weird) indoor pool in the building open to all in the offices to look down into see - heated by the servers apparently.

That is all. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    They were a customer when I was a perm somewhere else. Went down for a day and it was a lovely place. Plenty of parking from what I remember but it may be different for contractors than visitors.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    started a topic NFU Stratford Upon Avon?

NFU Stratford Upon Avon?

Has anyone worked at the Tiddington site for this client?

Am interviewing there within the next week or so, but my only slight niggle is parking (or lack of).

Working...
X