• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Same contract advertised by multiple agencies"

Collapse

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by Bee View Post
    I reply to all of them.
    The first one to answer it's the one I get.

Anything wrong with is?
    Yes, plenty.

Take one example.......

Sometimes, there may be a number of different roles going, at a client.
    Some agencies will handle the, more, junior roles, the more prestigious(?!) agencies the more senior.

I had this before, the rates ranged from £350 to £600.
    I went with the agency for the senior role and got it.

If I had applied to all the agencies no one would have known where I was pitching.
    Was I "worth" £350 or the £600?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Bee View Post
    I reply to all of them.

Anything wrong with is?
    Suppose you get represented by more than one agency?

You are also encouraging agents to phone round saying "I know of a gig is coming out. If anyone else contacts you, tell them you are already represented"....

Leave a comment:

• seanraaron
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Not quite.

Don't mention PSL or anything until they have agreed to submit you and you HAVE to send an email confirming representation.

Some agencies do not request this at all and they do actually submit you. Other agencies ask you for everything and don't.
    Very good point and one I forgot when I posted my "how to spot a dodgy agency" thread. Most of the agencies I dealt with in the run up to my first contract - including the one that got me it - asked for confirmation via email at every step of the transaction: CV submission, interview arranging, etc.

If nothing else it makes sure you've been as clear as you can so any confusion won't be down to your own omission.

@Bee: I suppose not, but you may not get the best rate or the best agency. In a service industry it probably pays to try to evaluate the service provider before committing. I may be overthinking it, but I wouldn't do business with bank based upon how short the teller queue is.
    Last edited by seanraaron; 19 January 2016, 09:20.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by ajheywood View Post
    Thanks all for your replies, I think in future I'll apply to one or two of them and make sure I include reference to being on the PSL and an expiry on it.

As to which ones I apply to it will depend on the rate and the rep of the agencies involved
    Not quite.

Don't mention PSL or anything until they have agreed to submit you and you HAVE to send an email confirming representation.

Some agencies do not request this at all and they do actually submit you. Other agencies ask you for everything and don't.

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    I reply to all of them.

Anything wrong with is?

Leave a comment:

• ajheywood
    replied
    Thanks all for your replies, I think in future I'll apply to one or two of them and make sure I include reference to being on the PSL and an expiry on it.

As to which ones I apply to it will depend on the rate and the rep of the agencies involved

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    With any government or defence role there is truthfully a number of agencies on the supplier list.

Just make sure the agency you choose you do not give exclusive rights to represent you, as if your CV is submitted for the majority of the roles they will need your NI number. This means if they can't enter your details another agency has submitted you.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
    FaQQer's advice sounds good. I wouldn't think that submitting your CV with multiple agencies for the same job would ever be a good idea.
    When I got caught in this situation the agents started a bun fight on who had dibs so the client just cancelled the interview.

To the OP. This does get asked a lot so there are many threads all with the same advice. Have a dig through these to see if it will help. TFs post has nailed it though TBH

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=mu...obile&ie=UTF-8
    Last edited by administrator; 1 February 2016, 09:50. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• seanraaron
    replied
    FaQQer's advice sounds good. I wouldn't think that submitting your CV with multiple agencies for the same job would ever be a good idea.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Speak to the one advertising the highest rate, get them to confirm in writing that they are on the PSL. Tell them they can represent you on an exclusive basis for the next 36 hours, and if the CV has not been sent to the client by then, you'll look elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• ajheywood
    started a topic Same contract advertised by multiple agencies

Same contract advertised by multiple agencies

Hi All,

I've seen this more recently with the market being a bit quieter but I have noticed a contract role will be advertised by an agent and then within a few hours several other agencies will advertise the same role (sometimes words re-arranged). In this situation would you:

1. Apply for the role with the first agency who advertised it assuming as they are first its legitimate?
    2. Apply for the role with all of the agencies and when you speak with them ask if they are on the PSL to the client?
    3. Something else entirely?

See these as some examples I've seen today:

Technical Architect - London - January-18-2016 (Ef8WP)
    Technical Architect - Government Body - Public Sector - London - January-18-2016 (Ef8gh)
    Technical Architect - City of London - January-18-2016 (Ef8pF)

I would welcome your thoughts on this subject.

Working...
X