• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cheap Web Hosting / Domain Registration ?"

Collapse

• Ardesco
    replied
    THATS THE ONE!!!!!

righty where did that gum drop go....

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco
    I think we are getting there now, however there were a couple of words that looked a bit long and i really don't think anybody is going to have the patience/ability to read more than 2 lines of text.....
    Ok. Short and sweet it is then.

w00t dis serverz r0x0rs omgwtf kthnxby lol!!!!!!!!11!1!1!

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    I think we are getting there now, however there were a couple of words that looked a bit long and i really don't think anybody is going to have the patience/ability to read more than 2 lines of text.....

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    A bit too high brow I think... but perhaps my target audience will appreciate a toff writing a testimonial. You know what they say if you are a class outfit make sure you have class advertising. I just hope that the obvious poshness doesn't make them all think that only people up thier own ass would use my services....

OK, we can dumb it down a bit for you.

MAH FREINDS AND I WUD LIEK 2 R3COMEND DA GM3 S3RV3RS RUN BY THES BUY WA HAEV AWSOM3 GM3S OF UT204 AND N0BS R OWNED WHAN3VER W3 SE THAM TEH SERVES R COL AND FAST AND STUF AND WE LIEK IT BUT IT COSTS A LOT AS W3 DONT GAT MUCH ALOWANCE AND MAH FOLKS WONT PAY FOR IT COS TH3Y R MEAN BUT MAH MAETS DAD SI RILLY RICH AND H3S GONG 2 ASK HIM IF H3 WIL PAY FOR IT SO TH3N WE CAN KIK N0B AS AL DAY AND ROK AND STUF IF U WANT UR AS KIKAD LIEK A N0B COM3 ON OUR SERVER AND WE WIL PWN U N0BS AND HAXORS FUXK RIGHT OF AND STFU N0B IF U THINK U CAN BAT US

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    A bit too high brow I think... but perhaps my target audience will appreciate a toff writing a testimonial. You know what they say if you are a class outfit make sure you have class advertising. I just hope that the obvious poshness doesn't make them all think that only people up thier own ass would use my services....

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    How about an old gum drop complete with pocket fluff mailed to you for every 5 confirmed sales who specifically refer you!!!

I know, I know how can I afford to be so generous, well lets just say that i'm a generous kind of guy

Hmm, I think we can manage somthing for that....

me friendz and me wud like 2 say how happy we iz wid da game serverz run by dis guy.

we av teh phat gamez of ut2004 and teh n00bz r pwned by our wsumnesz

If u want ur arz kicked like a n00b come on our server. we will sow u wut it meanz 2 get pwnedzored. haxorz or arseholez fuk right off anz stfu n00b!
    I think that should cover it nicely, dont you?

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    How about an old gum drop complete with pocket fluff mailed to you for every 5 confirmed sales who specifically refer you!!!

I know, I know how can I afford to be so generous, well lets just say that i'm a generous kind of guy

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Can i have some one post wonders advertising my hosting services as well? I'm sure I will make millions if I do....

If you'd like to take advantage of our generous introductory rates I'm sure something could be arranged

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Can i have some one post wonders advertising my hosting services as well? I'm sure I will make millions if I do....

Leave a comment:

• able
    replied
    Originally posted by expat
    No, really??
    Ah, so you don't like criticism so you try to fend it off by shooting the messenger.
    No apostrophe in a plural, by the way.
    "Occured" is NOT an american spelling, it's just a mistake.
    don't sound so good to me, bud.
    You're absolutely right!... and i've seen the error of my ways. Sorry to hyperD and the rest of you guys! I took the criticism a bit too personal. In my lame defence, it was early, and i'm not good in the morning.

I got recommended this site from a friend as a good resource for someone who is wishing to start out in the contracting game. The last thing I want to do is step on the toes of my peers who can offer advice from their years of experience.

Please except my humblest of apologies.

Leave a comment:

• able
    replied
    Originally posted by oraclesmith
    Yeah, and there are quite a few unsavoury types who shamelessly plug some product or service they're involved with. You can tell who they are because they only have one or a few posts to their name and they aren't interested in contributing to other discussions.

Anyhow, I got the error message and so did HyperD at a different time so they must have had a big problem.

trust me, i'm not involved in that web hosting company. i have just had a good experience with them and wanted to offer my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by able
    I’m really quite surprised that you clicked the link and got that error message 1st time... (not implying that you are a liar)
    No, really??
    but I’m beginning to understand that by entering the contracting game that there will be a few unsavoury types out there who will try many tricks to trip up their competitors and discredit them. Good lesson for all you fellow newbie’s.
    Ah, so you don't like criticism so you try to fend it off by shooting the messenger.
    No apostrophe in a plural, by the way.
    As far as the spelling is concerned, the web hosting is run by yanks... what do you expect?? They spell loads of words wrong: colour/color, realise/realize, cheque/check… the list goes on…
    "Occured" is NOT an american spelling, it's just a mistake.
    but the one thing with the yanks that you do get; is a lot more for your money's worth… and good customer service.
    don't sound so good to me, bud.

Leave a comment:

• able
    replied
    each to their own.

I've never used a web page builder before. I create my sites with dreamweaver and then upload them via ftp.

the hosting package met my needs of 2 domain names, fixed ip, lots of space, lots of bandwidth, cheap and reliable. this actually might be overkill for teabag who only wants to host 10 pages.

Leave a comment:

• oraclesmith
    replied
    Personally I’ve had no problems with them and have never seen that error message before. I’m really quite surprised that you clicked the link and got that error message 1st time... (not implying that you are a liar) but I’m beginning to understand that by entering the contracting game that there will be a few unsavoury types out there who will try many tricks to trip up their competitors and discredit them. Good lesson for all you fellow newbie’s.
    Yeah, and there are quite a few unsavoury types who shamelessly plug some product or service they're involved with. You can tell who they are because they only have one or a few posts to their name and they aren't interested in contributing to other discussions.

Anyhow, I got the error message and so did HyperD at a different time so they must have had a big problem.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Personally I’ve had no problems with them and have never seen that error message before. I’m really quite surprised that you clicked the link and got that error message 1st time... (not implying that you are a liar) but I’m beginning to understand that by entering the contracting game that there will be a few unsavoury types out there who will try many tricks to trip up their competitors and discredit them. Good lesson for all you fellow newbie’s.

As far as the spelling is concerned, the web hosting is run by yanks... what do you expect?? They spell loads of words wrong: colour/color, realise/realize, cheque/check… the list goes on… but the one thing with the yanks that you do get; is a lot more for your money's worth… and good customer service.

Certificate of Quality?... You must be joking. Isn’t that what food companies apply for? I bet you buy you coffee from the manufacturers with the golden made-up *bullsh!t* “certificate of quality” seal of approval. Actually I take that back, didn’t Enron have a certificate of quality? Ahhh, we can all sleep easy now.

Anyway, that's enough of that. All teabag wanted was advice on a cheap hosting service without any adverts and domain registration. Any recommendations hyperD?

Just had a play with their site. No error messages but the demo verion of their site building tool dies after the first couple of pages and trying to select an image to include kills it stone dead. Not impressed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X