• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Lloyds Bank 10% rate cut from April"

Collapse

• Project Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by flipFlop View Post
    Lloyds've been shedding staff for years.
    ...and hiring too. Continual merry-go-round, just like all other FS clients.
    Last edited by Project Monkey; 23 March 2015, 16:32.

Leave a comment:

• shingz
    replied
    So..... Any updates to this from your Lloyds pple out there?

Leave a comment:

• WDNK
    replied
    I expect to find out in 2 weeks if i will be hit.

Leave a comment:

• Vaughan
    replied
    Apparently the rate cut "does not apply to everyone".
    But there is no evidence either way.

Leave a comment:

• No2politics
    replied
    I turned down a Lloyd gig about a month ago. New role is much more interesting learning newer tech in a new industry, but about 10% less than what Lloyd were paying. Glad I didn't chase the money!

Leave a comment:

• Taita
    replied
    Originally posted by flipFlop View Post
    Lloyds've been shedding staff for years.
    Somebody has to pay the bonuses.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by shingz View Post
    never again!!!!

poor rates. but great if you like sitting around, pushing the pen around and getting nothing done.
    Same as at Barclaycard then

Leave a comment:

• shingz
    replied
    worked once with Lloyds

never again!!!!

poor rates. but great if you like sitting around, pushing the pen around and getting nothing done.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluebird View Post
    What I don't get is that lloyds are saying the 10% cut is on the day rate to contractors - surely the 10% should be to the overall rate including the mark up?

If LBG are controlling rates paid, surely that makes them employer by default and therefore liable for employment regs and all the contractors within IR35?
    If you had a copy of the upper contract then you'd probably realise from a written contract POV, yes, virtually everyone would be IR35 caught.

One presumes the "10% contractor rate cut" applies to the whole amount to agent and contractor but for ease of communication, they just say "contractor rate cut"?

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    replied
    Originally posted by abhigreen View Post
    Comms are being sent out about 10% rate cut across the board for any contract renewal after April.

Given other org wide changes as well, looks like tough times ahead for contractors with Lloyds.
    What I don't get is that lloyds are saying the 10% cut is on the day rate to contractors - surely the 10% should be to the overall rate including the mark up?

If LBG are controlling rates paid, surely that makes them employer by default and therefore liable for employment regs and all the contractors within IR35?

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    They have a dept called CMU that deals with it, they are effectively HR/Legal by another name. If the CV has not been through CMU, it will not be on the hiring managers desk. Fact.
    CMU is the cost approval board - for new roles you have to get approval at CMU - that covers contractors, additions to FTE as well as professional services.

There are a couple of hiring routes for contractors the mail one being GCMR that review CVs before passing to the hiring manager. The other routes are Reed and LTS.

GCMR cover the agencies like Sandersons, RZ Head etc....

Leave a comment:

• Bluenose
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    I can assure you, you're wrong.
    +1

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by interested View Post
    LBG's HR dept don't screen contractors CVs let alone put anyone on any sort of 'barring list'
    I can assure you, you're wrong.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by jjdarg View Post
    That's the Change Management lot staffed by EA consulting bods, mostly, right? If it is the same lot, most of what they did was ensure I filled out the requests correctly and ticked all the boxes. They certainly didn't do much screening when I used them; I often got a phone call from the agent directly, and would get view of CVs pretty much simultaneously.

Things may have changed since then, though...it was 2011 when I was last there.
    It has changed since then. Your request goes to CMU, CMU put it out to Hyphen. Hyphen either provide CVs or put it to their partners or second tiers who provide CVs to CMU. CMU then filter CV's and back to hiring manager for interview/selection. It is possible to get CVs in via 'friendly' agents but you ultimately have to go through the process above at some point. Fell foul of this when trying to get tester analysts in that I knew and wanted. I could get the CVs I wanted but getting them via CMU (which would then allow you to hire) was the tricky bit :-) Was doable, but took a bit of 'manipulation'

Leave a comment:

• jjdarg
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    They have a dept called CMU that deals with it, they are effectively HR/Legal by another name. If the CV has not been through CMU, it will not be on the hiring managers desk. Fact.
    That's the Change Management lot staffed by EA consulting bods, mostly, right? If it is the same lot, most of what they did was ensure I filled out the requests correctly and ticked all the boxes. They certainly didn't do much screening when I used them; I often got a phone call from the agent directly, and would get view of CVs pretty much simultaneously.

Things may have changed since then, though...it was 2011 when I was last there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X