• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Apart from JobServe ...."

Collapse

• MojoDog
    replied
    Current contract, previous contract and a freelance job 'on the side' (that has got me repeat work) all originated from people contacting me on Linkedin.

Prior to that pimps contacted me after finding my cv on Jobsite, Jobserve and Indeed.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Jobserve and Jobsite seem to work best for me, for both finding something myself and agents finding me
    Technojobs and CWJobs are fine as well, but not for agents finding me
    More and more LinkedIn as well
    Monster: complete tulip
    Anyway in most cases the same job gets advertised on every board

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Agents ring me, most of the time.

Granted, not when I'm looking, but it's been four years since I was on a jobs board.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by hgllgh View Post
    ... what are the next best sites, services, way or means that you use to find a contract?
    I got most calls from agents mentioning jobsite.

Leave a comment:

• worzelGummidge
    replied
    New one to me: http://www.indeed.co.uk/?r=us

Leave a comment:

• jjdarg
    replied
    I find I get the most cold calls for unadvertised roles from keeping my cv refreshed on jobsite.co.uk

Leave a comment:

• worzelGummidge
    replied
    There is also a Jobsite just for the guys and girl in London - Don't know what it is though.

Leave a comment:

• worzelGummidge
    replied
    thx ... i've been out of the searching game for a while ... not anymore ... but last time i was searching cwjobs just displayed the same jobs as jobserve...is that still the case?
    Personally, I use Jobserve and cwjobs. However I find Jobserve the best. I think that there are different roles on there though.

Leave a comment:

• AMH
    replied
    Linkedin can be good, but makesure you are well networked. If not, then its not very good

Leave a comment:

• SteelyDan
    replied
    Originally posted by Pherlopolus View Post
    I seem to get more hits from Jobsite than anything.
    Ditto

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    ... what are the next best sites, services, way or means that you use to find a contract?
    A successful track record...

Leave a comment:

• Pherlopolus
    replied
    I seem to get more hits from Jobsite than anything.

Leave a comment:

• hgllgh
    replied
    Originally posted by worzelGummidge View Post
    LinkedIn

cwjobs is supposed to be quite good.
    Monster seems to have the lower end contracts/agents in my experience. Maybe something to do with the charges.
    thx ... i've been out of the searching game for a while ... not anymore ... but last time i was searching cwjobs just displayed the same jobs as jobserve...is that still the case?

Leave a comment:

• hgllgh
    replied
    Originally posted by sal View Post
    Forum search for one, as this has been discussed on numerous ocasions in details. Alternatively - indeed.co.uk
    searched through forums here and didn't see many hits

Leave a comment:

• worzelGummidge
    replied
    LinkedIn

cwjobs is supposed to be quite good.
    Monster seems to have the lower end contracts/agents in my experience. Maybe something to do with the charges.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X