• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "From CTC to SC Clearance"

Collapse

• stek
    replied
    Seven months waiting so far for me for SC, but it's because I have a Russian partner (of 13 years) - they told me - and UK and Russia don't like each other now.

Oddly, she's a British Citizen now as of 18th December 2014 but I doubt it matters as she won't give up her Russian Citizenship, she uses it for work (visa free travel to Russia for her job) and indeed, why should she? I got the distinct impression that if she did, the problem would more or less go away....

Leave a comment:

• ensaeed
    replied
    @Nasescoba1985

Mine CTC took 4 months. Their might be a back log. I would suggest be positive and wait for the outcome. You can also ask the recruitment agent for the reasons in the delay.

Leave a comment:

• Nasescoba1985
    replied
    @ensaeed, sorry to divert the question but i have an enquiry aswell seen as you are CTC cleared. I am currently going through my own CTC check so i can start work with my new job. It's now been nearly 5 months of waiting and still no outcome. Is it right for it to take up to 6 months for a CTC check to clear? I got in contact with the FCO who were the ones dealing with it and they finished their checks about a month ago and sent it off back to the NCA (National crime agency) who i will eventually be working for. Why is it still taking so long?

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by ensaeed View Post
    Thank you for the replies.

However, I would really appreciate if someone replies to my queries.

Many thanks.
    I thought we had. However, since you insist:

1. No

2. No

3. No

HTH...

Leave a comment:

• ensaeed
    replied
    Thank you for the replies.

However, I would really appreciate if someone replies to my queries.

Many thanks.

Leave a comment:

• turbowoowoo
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Thing is, while the level of clearance is the same, the underlying requirement need not be. Police SC is actually more stringent than MOD SC, for example. Plus the clearance relates to the role, so while you may need access to lower classification material, they may be more fussy about who is allowed it.

As I keep saying, clearance is not a binary assessment.
    One of the current government initiatives is to standardise the clearance organisations so that the anomaly of having to be cleared twice (ie home office, Police Mod etc) is removed and current clearance levels are recognised and accepted across government organisations.

I have had my clearance transferred successfully many times.

It is getting better

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Thing is, while the level of clearance is the same, the underlying requirement need not be. Police SC is actually more stringent than MOD SC, for example. Plus the clearance relates to the role, so while you may need access to lower classification material, they may be more fussy about who is allowed it.

As I keep saying, clearance is not a binary assessment.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by turbowoowoo View Post
    Really???

I would be extremely surprised if this was the case.

SC means you can have un supervised access to Secret information and occasional access to top secret info.

CTC you don't get this level of security access, so I am sure you are misled..

If you have passed CTC and you have not had any subsequent issues with unfriendly countries (or girlfriend is Chinese etc) or try and hide information in your application then you should be fine.
    Nope not misled, worked for many organisations including Police (Including ACPO & PITO), FCO and MOD as well as many other List X sites so am clued up on the whole process, last place I worked out someone passed the SC but failed the CTC due to their fathers criminal history.

Leave a comment:

• turbowoowoo
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    The two are completely separate, I have known people who have passed SC but failed CTC
    Really???

I would be extremely surprised if this was the case.

SC means you can have un supervised access to Secret information and occasional access to top secret info.

CTC you don't get this level of security access, so I am sure you are misled..

If you have passed CTC and you have not had any subsequent issues with unfriendly countries (or girlfriend is Chinese etc) or try and hide information in your application then you should be fine.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    The two are completely separate, I have known people who have passed SC but failed CTC

Leave a comment:

• ensaeed
    started a topic From CTC to SC Clearance

From CTC to SC Clearance

I am CTC cleared and would be put forward for SC clearance in a couple of months.

1- Being CTC cleared will it help to get SC clearance?

The checks involve in SC clearance are

Baseline Checks
    Security Questionnaire
    Criminal Record Check
    Security Service Check
    Credit Reference Check

The checks involve in CTC clearance:

Baseline Checks
    Security Questionnaire
    Criminal Record Check
    Security Service Check

2- In SC clearance is it past employment questionnaire is the only additional check when compared with CTC clearance checks? As in my case my credit reference check had already done.

3- If I am not granted SC clearance would my CTC clearance would also be revoked?

Working...
X