• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Attending Interview On Wrong Day..."

Collapse

• Taita
    replied
    Originally posted by Taita View Post
    How can it be the 'correct' interview if it is the wrong day? wrong day= wrong time or am I living on a lifeless comet?
    Whoops.... my mistake TF. I commented rightly on the wrong comment. Apologies.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    How can it be the 'correct' interview if it is the wrong day? wrong day= wrong time or am I living on a lifeless comet?
    He came back on the correct day, at the correct time and had the interview.

Leave a comment:

• Taita
    replied
    Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    Yep ! Choice between 2 roles now, so decision time...
    Well done! Fortune favours the brave..........

Leave a comment:

• Taita
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    So, did you get it?

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    So, did you get it?
    Yep ! Choice between 2 roles now, so decision time...

Leave a comment:

• acnm
    replied
    Had a guy arrive a couple of hours late for an interview courtesy of Southern Rail - really unlucky.

I was happy to give him a chance since I was at the time negotiating the horror that is national rail on a daily basis. My line manager though told him to shove off when he arrived at reception out of breath and sweaty after running from the station.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    I have a friend who for whatever reason was due to attend an interview tomorrow, but instead turned up today. Apparently the time had been changed and he had thought the day and time had been changed.

Can my friend in effect kiss this role goodbye even if he turns up tomorrow ?
    So, did you get it?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Ding Ding! How can anybody be on time on the wrong day?!?
    VillageContractor said "on time to the correct interview" (my emphasis)

Leave a comment:

• Taita
    replied
    Originally posted by VillageContractor View Post
    Whenever I've hired people I've not been impressed by people turning up late. Wouldn't really mind if they got the day wrong but turned up on time to the correct interview.
    Ding Ding! How can anybody be on time on the wrong day?!?

Leave a comment:

• VillageContractor
    replied
    Whenever I've hired people I've not been impressed by people turning up late. Wouldn't really mind if they got the day wrong but turned up on time to the correct interview.

Leave a comment:

• JRCT
    replied
    I once heard a story about a guy turning up for interview and he hit another car as he was parking his. He went in and told the receptionist straight away and it turned out to be the interviewer, and his potential line manager, who's car he had hit.

He got the job partly because of his honesty. So, if you're honest enough to admit being a tw4t and the best way to do that is to make a joke, then I don't see it being an issue. If it is an issue, then you don't want to work with them anyway.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    I have a friend who for whatever reason was due to attend an interview tomorrow, but instead turned up today. Apparently the time had been changed and he had thought the day and time had been changed.

Can my friend in effect kiss this role goodbye even if he turns up tomorrow ?
    When you, sorry, your friend starts on the wrong day, are you, sorry, your friend going to bill them for the additional travel?

Leave a comment:

• Project Monkey
    replied
    Don't worry, today's candidate was a dud. So long as you're not totally cr*p, then the gig's yours.

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    He's right though. How on earth are we supposed to know. They might take pity on him and give him a second chance, they may not. How the hell should we know.

Unless he is gods gift to that role and all the rest were muppets I wouldn't be seeing him again.
    No he's not right though - I am merely seeking opinion/feeling and not a definitive answer. The definitive answer will come following the interview. Refer to posted #6 in this thread.

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

Your friend is a chump so he comes to you for reassurance. You must agree or you would not seek reassurance from others.

Good luck tomorrow.
    And cue next week's post "My friend started a day early by mistake and wants to know where he stands. Can he bill for an extra day?"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X