• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Not a member

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Not a member"

Collapse

• scooterscot
    replied
    Getting real tired of this populist BS if I'm honest.

Cracks are certainly starting to show both sides of the pond. Boris 'hand shaking, I'm alright' to Trump 'we're going to open the economy by Easter' - both say anything to appease the hoards whilst falling on their swords and achieve nothing.

Meanwhile we had mother Merkel on the box the other night speaking to the country paying tribute to the thousands of workers keeping the supermarkets open, as well as recognising the efforts of health care staff.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Funny how brexiteers and fascist websites who complained Europe was turning into the unites States of Europe are now complaining that Europe is not united

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Stress is only known by inefficient people...

Did you ever wonder why Germany is seeing fewer deaths than the UK yet infection rate is higher in Germany?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post

I think it's far too early for countries to be smug.
    At the end, maybe some will be able to say they did a better job, but at this stage, I don't think we know.
    I don't think anyone is advocating that, rather they are trying to understand what was done differently.

Personally I think it is part because of social responsibility. People here were isolating themselves, reducing social gatherings long before the government told them 'stay the $££% inside'. At the same time you saw folks on the Beeb squashed together on the London underground with Boris shaking hands with the ill.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Did you ever wonder why Germany is seeing fewer deaths than the UK yet infection rate is higher in Germany?
    Yes, yes I did. And it's not because they are "handling it better" ... there are various theories proposed, including poor reporting of the data. Various articles abound, including the NYT, Guardian.

Oh, and then there's this,
    https://www.thelocal.de/20200330/abs...onavirus-rules

I think it's far too early for countries to be smug. At the end, maybe some will be able to say they did a better job, but at this stage, I don't think we know.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    We'll have to take your word for that.

Nope.

HTH BIDI

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied

"say populist leader"

If I had a penny for every Italian who is fed up with their right leaning government I'd be richer than the FED. In fact not just fed up, but pi$$ed off.

You can blame others for so long, it works, but then the realisation comes... look in the mirror if you want someone to blame.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Say goodbye to EU says Salvini (2) - English - ANSA.it

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Does it matter if we were?

The EU's Betrayal of Italy May Be Its Undoing | The American Conservative

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Funny how Matt Hancock actually talked about this on Question Time prior to all this and then they claimed not to have seen the e-mails: https://twitter.com/Haggis_UK/status...77916047208448

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    AtW can assert he is "Not a member". I beg to differ....
    i defer begging

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    AtW can assert he is "Not a member". I beg to differ....

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

Just an article on that on sky news. 2 reasons: -
    1. More testing
    2. Luck. It happened in Italy first.

How did Germany lose WW2?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Funny how the main ones getting vexed about this are the Quisling expats.

Like anyone gives a fook what THEY have to say about the country they abandoned.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X