• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Germany avoids recession with surprise return to growth"

Collapse

• minestrone
    replied
    Germany cannot be trusted with nuclear technology.

I mean you live in a country that has a constitution written for you as collectively you cannot be trusted.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Only thanks to the Russians as the Brits couldn't do it
    FTFY

The yanks did help but without 20 millions Russian dead we would all speak German well the ones who weren't Jewish or rounded up by the Dutch.

The Yanks did sort the Japanese out though and pretty much stop any future world wars.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    You need your Safe Space.
    I don't think he wants to move to Ireland.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I already have a 4 councillors, an MSP, an MP, 6 MEPs. and 3 Parliaments.

Not sure I can take another level of elected fookwittery.
    You need your Safe Space.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I already have a 4 councillors, an MSP, an MP, 6 MEPs. and 3 Parliaments.

Not sure I can take another level of elected fookwittery.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
    Who voted your Queen in office and who voted for the representatives in the House of Lords?
    The Queen is not 'in office'. We have no 'representatives' in the HoL, and I'd be happy to sack the lot and have an elected upper chamber.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    We’ve been through this before. You, personally, do not get to vote for anyone other than your local MP and MEP.

That’s how it works in both the U.K. and EU systems of government.
    You’re trying to compare apples and oranges, confusing party leadership (a well known example is that Farage is the leader of the Brexit Party within the European Parliament) with the role of the Commission President.

Google is your friend if you want to find out how the Commission President is nominated and elected.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
    Your typical misogynist brexiteer

Leave a comment:

• MasterBait
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    She, ironically, .
    Your typical misogynist brexiteer

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    She. Her.

Do try to keep up.
    She, ironically, being the former German Defence Minister, and widely considered to be useless. Revenge is sweet...

Leave a comment:

• Cirrus
    replied
    if you want to find out
    Original doesn't want to know the truth. He's a Brexiteer. Believes anything the Johnson Junta tell him.

Leave a comment:

• MasterBait
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Indeed - it would be almost like the President of the EU had his own little army which only answered to him and his cronies.

He would probably look like this

But we would be fine as long as we have these guys

and

Who voted your Queen in office and who voted for the representatives in the House of Lords?

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    So the main difference is that when I vote in the UK GE I am voting for a party - and I am aware that party will have a leader - that leader may or may not change during the periods between the GE's and therefore potentially the leader of the party I vote for will be the leader of the party for the full term.

However when the Tories for example need to elect a new leader - does Labour to the Lib Dems get a say in who is the next Tory leader? No of course not.

At which point do the MEP's confirm which presidential candidate they support and therefore at which point does my euro vote have any influence on that appointment?
    You’re trying to compare apples and oranges, confusing party leadership (a well known example is that Farage is the leader of the Brexit Party within the European Parliament) with the role of the Commission President.

Google is your friend if you want to find out how the Commission President is nominated and elected.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    So the main difference is that when I vote in the UK GE I am voting for a party - and I am aware that party will have a leader - that leader may or may not change during the periods between the GE's and therefore potentially the leader of the party I vote for will be the leader of the party for the full term.

However when the Tories for example need to elect a new leader - does Labour to the Lib Dems get a say in who is the next Tory leader? No of course not.

At which point do the MEP's confirm which presidential candidate they support and therefore at which point does my euro vote have any influence on that appointment?

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Ah yes - sorry I do not recall the name - as I get older I find it helps if I see things written down.

You would think I should recall from when I was filling in my ballot paper to vote for this person it would have helped it stick...

oh wait...

We’ve been through this before. You, personally, do not get to vote for anyone other than your local MP and MEP.

That’s how it works in both the U.K. and EU systems of government.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X