• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "UK not considered for Tesla factory because of Brexit"

Collapse

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    They suffer from utterly deplorable reliability.

Maybe if they spent less time munching sausages with the management they would build better cars.
    11 days until we take the BMW in and get the Tesla.

I can sense this is going to be a total fook up already.

So you complain about the reliability of a BMW and get a Tesla?

Now that is an epic level of cretinism.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Got it yesterday.

Fantastic technology, doesn't seem to have a "stop the wife hitting the front left alloy off the kerb in the first 24 hours" setting.
    You have a wife? Which catalogue did you order her from?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied

Got it yesterday.

Fantastic technology, doesn't seem to have a "stop the wife hitting the front left alloy off the kerb in the first 24 hours" setting.

Leave a comment:

• Cirrus
    replied
    The Tory Party are going to create new Britain. In ten or twenty years' time we will have arranged trade deals with all the countries across the globe and repaired all the damage caused by the dislocation of broken links with the world's biggest trading bloc. If you guys just have a bit of patience you will see the Teslas of 2040 queuing up to build factories here. The low cost of British 'compliant' labour will be too tempting to resist.

You whingeing anti-brexiteers don't get that you have to have a bit of pain to reach Nirvana. Listen to the brexiteers for a minute. They can imagine what a wonderful world our grandchildren will inherit.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Berlin reacts to the news...
    "I'd rather pedal a little girl's bike" .... very funny

Although I abhor the sexist gender stereotyping

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Berlin reacts to the news...

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    My Granny smoked 40 a day.
    Explains a lot

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Makes sense, there's more room in Germany for the car fires. Plus plenty of cheap labor in the former Eastern-bloc to be exploited.
    Chin up. That's the spirit!

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Really? My last BMW did 270,000km in 7 years and only went into the garage once for repairs and that was for a Lambda sensor. My current BMW has now done 120,000km in 5 years and has also been into the garage only once for repairs and that was only because a stone went through a cooling grid. Maybe they just ship the Monday and Friday cars to the UK to give grumpy Brits something to moan about, probably why the Australians call British people 'whinging poms'
    "My Granny smoked 40 a day" level cretinism.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Problem is, in the UK, who wants to make cars when you can make trillions through global banking and "tax" management services?
    So will the City of London relocate up north to help out the Mackem's?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied

Maybe if they spent less time munching sausages with the management they would build better cars.
    Really? My last BMW did 270,000km in 7 years and only went into the garage once for repairs and that was for a Lambda sensor. My current BMW has now done 120,000km in 5 years and has also been into the garage only once for repairs and that was only because a stone went through a cooling grid. Maybe they just ship the Monday and Friday cars to the UK to give grumpy Brits something to moan about, probably why the Australians call British people 'whinging poms'

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    BMW and Mercedes Benz really suffer from their works councils; they'll be out of business soon.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Problem is, in the UK, who wants to make cars when you can make trillions through global banking and "tax" management services?
    That’s the low-Tax, low-regulation country that the Tories are aiming for. Wealth for the few.

I forgot though, you don’t care about anyone but yourself, right?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    the EU will compromise, the UK won't
    Did you steal that from Churchill circa 1940?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X