• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "BREAKING NEWS: A deal has been done"

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    Well, you know that I agree that £7bn a year is “really small beans in the grand scheme of things”.

I’m glad you said it first, though... ;-)
    It’s small beans unlike £350 million (or is that £180 million) a week, which is about 500% of the country’s budget (or less than 3%).

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    NHS goes through about half a billion a day so while it's not to be sneezed at it is really small beans in the grand scheme of things.
    Well, you know that I agree that £7bn a year is “really small beans in the grand scheme of things”.

I’m glad you said it first, though... ;-)

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    Can we hurry up and sign off this great deal that Johnson negotiated for us?

UK gives up GBP7bn windfall from European Investment Bank | News | The Sunday Times

NHS goes through about half a billion a day so while it's not to be sneezed at it is really small beans in the grand scheme of things.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    One thing Brexit has revealed to me is the level of stupidity and delusion that exists in the British population.
    You could have gleaned the same nugget of information by looking at some of your old school report cards.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Can we hurry up and sign off this great deal that Johnson negotiated for us?

UK gives up GBP7bn windfall from European Investment Bank | News | The Sunday Times

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    You don't want to risk being caught in possession of a non-EU passport, and we certainly don't want you deported back here...
    Tough titty tulip. I shall use my EU passport to travel and work freely around the EU and when entering the UK I shall use my GB passport, best of both worlds unlike some...

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Why?
    You don't want to risk being caught in possession of a non-EU passport, and we certainly don't want you deported back here...

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
    It's not quite as bad as you might think. Bear in mind that if you meet someone in the street there is a better than 50% chance they are not gullible, vulnerable and reckless.

Although, sadly, it's not much above 50%
    It's actually 52% at the last count...

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    I assume you intend to burn it then...?
    Why?

Leave a comment:

• Cirrus
    replied
    Try to be positive.

One thing Brexit has revealed to me is the level of stupidity and delusion that exists in the British population.
    It's not quite as bad as you might think. Bear in mind that if you meet someone in the street there is a better than 50% chance they are not gullible, vulnerable and reckless.

Although, sadly, it's not much above 50%

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    I received a packet for the UK this week and I believe that Brexit has in fact happened. My new British passport no longer has the words 'European Union' on them....
    I assume you intend to burn it then...?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I received a packet for the UK this week and I believe that Brexit has in fact happened. My new British passport no longer has the words 'European Union' on them....

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    You were planning to emigrate weren't you? That should help...

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    eyoop, Marvin's back
    Q.E.D.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    eyoop, Marvin's back
    I was wondering why things had been more pleasant recently. That is about to change....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X