• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Will Boris get a deal agreed with the EU by 31-10-2019?"

Collapse

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    This is a (mostly) anonymous forum so you don't know that I'm not Have you not heard of the Island Nation of Whorty?
    No, i haven't.
    but i can smell BS when it's upwind.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    yeh, me too, and i've been at it a lot longer.

but my tax wouldn't pay a permanent Powerpoint Monkey's salary let alone the entire UK armed forces.

so why are you not absolute monarch of some little kingdom somewhere?

This is a (mostly) anonymous forum so you don't know that I'm not Have you not heard of the Island Nation of Whorty?

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Like I say .... I'm a successful contractor
    yeh, me too, and i've been at it a lot longer.

but my tax wouldn't pay a permanent Powerpoint Monkey's salary let alone the entire UK armed forces.

so why are you not absolute monarch of some little kingdom somewhere?

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    that's a LOT of tax.
    you earn £30 Billion per annum??
    Like I say .... I'm a successful contractor

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    No, never served. I got myself an education instead and learned to think for myself rather than only acting on other people's orders.

I have served my country though, all my life. Paid my taxes that have covered the salaries of all those in the services. You can send your thanks here if you like or via a private PM - I'm easy either way
    that's a LOT of tax.
    you earn £30 Billion per annum??

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Are you feeling left out? I didn't know you'd served our country, you always struck me as being too much of a soft twunt, lacking in moral fibre and all that.
    No, never served. I got myself an education instead and learned to think for myself rather than only acting on other people's orders.

I have served my country though, all my life. Paid my taxes that have covered the salaries of all those in the services. You can send your thanks here if you like or via a private PM - I'm easy either way

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I'm so glad I'm not Northern Irish, a politician or in the armed forces....

Bomb Bomb Bomb....
    You think this...
    All participants accordingly reaffirm their commitment to the total disarmament of all paramilitary organisations. They also confirm their intention to continue to work constructively and in good faith with the Independent Commission, and to use any influence they may have, to achieve the decommissioning of all paramilitary arms within two years following endorsement in referendums North and South of the agreement and in the context of the implementation of the overall settlement.
    ...is complete bollocks then? I must admit, I did at the time.

Mind you, referenda in the UK aren't binding...
    Last edited by Zigenare; 4 October 2019, 07:06.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
    IMO what we are seeing is not the deal, but the no-deal implementation of how the uk will run the Irish border. If May's backstop deal is not given an exit clause.

I'm almost impressed by the gob tulipe.
    I'm so glad I'm not Northern Irish, a politician or in the armed forces....

Bomb Bomb Bomb....

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    We could do with a "I'm an ex squaddie racist and I hate all foreigners - brexit means brexit" option too.
    Are you feeling left out? I didn't know you'd served our country, you always struck me as being too much of a soft twunt, lacking in moral fibre and all that.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    That reminds me, where's the "I hate this country and everything it stands for!" option, wouldn't want to leave our friend the ex-commie deserter out of the game.
    We could do with a "I'm an ex squaddie racist and I hate all foreigners - brexit means brexit" option too.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
    IMO what we are seeing is not the deal, but the no-deal implementation of how the uk will run the Irish border. If May's backstop deal is not given an exit clause.

Aw, that's nice, I bet Boris is walking round with a ready-brek glow!
    (other oat based cereals are available)

Leave a comment:

• BlueSharp
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    What deal? There is no deal being discussed - only short term Withdrawal Agreement
    That reminds me, where's the "I hate this country and everything it stands for!" option, wouldn't want to leave our friend the ex-commie deserter out of the game.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    What deal? There is no deal being discussed - only short term Withdrawal Agreement

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Where's the "It matters nought, we're leaving anyway!" option?
    Sounds like someone already got the invite to Minestrone's leaving party, part 2

hope you guys really enjoy yourselves

Leave a comment:

Working...
X