• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anti "No Deal" - An excuse?"

Collapse

• chopper
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Are some people using "Anti-No Deal" as an excuse not to leave?

Surely the main thing is that now the people have voted to leave, we just leave!
    Why? The "will of the people" on 23rd June 2016 has not been relevant on any day since then.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Some might be, because they wish to retain their Brexiter credentials while now believing it would be in the UK's interest to remain. However, not crashing out of the EU at the end of of October does not mean, in the long run, staying within the EU. So I'd guess that some of the "Anti-No deal" mob are true Brexiters.

Surely the main thing is that now the people have voted to leave, we just leave!
    Not really. By that logic, if the only way to leave was to explode a 20MT nuclear device over the largest 5 cities in the UK, we should do it - because "it's the will of the people". In case you get all triggered by that, I'm employing hyperbole here to highlight the logical fallacy.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied

Some people undoubtedly are using it as an excuse. I know you're simple, but honestly!

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    And those who voted to stay did no vote for an European army.
    Not like the EU needs one when they can walk all over the UK by doing nothing.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    You've more butter than Anchor!
    *shrugs*. It’s an odd perspective where someone agreeing that you should leave but not damage yourself on the way out is perceived as the naysayer...

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    But, but... but... but...
    You've more butter than Anchor!

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied

Surely the main thing is that now a slim majority of the people have voted to leave, we should leave at a pace and on terms that don’t threaten the stability of the country. There’s no hurry to leave at any cost, we should do it the right way to provide the promised Brexit benefits to the people!
    FTFY. Gratis, etc.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I know this can be difficult for your ilk to understand. Cough... NO ONE voted for no deal. Capisce comrade?
    And those who voted to stay did no vote for an European army.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    That's not an option for a EU member quitting the union. The UK was instrument in setting it up that way back in the 90's. Unless the existing members ratify a new policy. Quitting without a deal would be damaging to all in the EU. Everyone agrees. It is an extraordinary selfish situation but it is what it is with the internal problems facing everyday life in the UK remaining just as they had done before.

It's like the fishermen complaining, we voted leave, we want our rights back! But their leader Farage sold those rights.
    So I was correct.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Read my post again. "We" didn't vote for a deal either. "We" voted to leave.
    That's not an option for a EU member quitting the union. The UK was instrument in setting it up that way back in the 90's. Unless the existing members ratify a new policy. Quitting without a deal would be damaging to all in the EU. Everyone agrees. It is an extraordinary selfish situation but it is what it is with the internal problems facing everyday life in the UK remaining just as they had done before.

It's like the fishermen complaining, we voted leave, we want our rights back! But their leader Farage sold those rights.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    I know this can be difficult for your ilk to understand. Cough... NO ONE voted for no deal. Capisce comrade?
    Read my post again. "We" didn't vote for a deal either. "We" voted to leave.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    started a topic Anti "No Deal" - An excuse?

Anti "No Deal" - An excuse?

Working...
X