• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: 2nd ref

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "2nd ref"

Collapse

• greenlake
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Labour should seek to deliver a Brexit deal if the party won an election before the UK left the EU.”
    Pretty slim chance of that. Until Brexit is delivered (and maybe even after) the political spectrum is no longer left-center-right, it's remain-soft brexit-no deal Brexit. LibDem/SNP will cream the majority of remain voters - 30-40%, Brexit party will cream the no-deal votes and some soft brexit votes - 30-40% and the Tories and Labour will squabble for the remaining 20-40% since the former are to big of a pu**ies to have an official stand and the latter are just *******, who squandered 3 years.

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I just need 2 refs.....
    try grand masters in Wiki.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I just need 2 refs.....

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    The Duke will arrange it.
    yes, so I gather, given his position in the organisation.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
    I have a very astute friend who contends that UK elections are far more controlled than people give credit for. He maintains that Corbyn is such a threat to the UK in many ways, that Labour will not be allowed to win a general election whilst he is the leader of the party.
    The Duke will arrange it.

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    If it’s a “Tory” Brexit, they’ll advocate remain, but if it’s a “Labour” Brexit, they’ll advocate leave.

Classic.

If the objective is to piss off everyone, Corbyn’s played a blinder
    I have a very astute friend who contends that UK elections are far more controlled than people give credit for. He maintains that Corbyn is such a threat to the UK in many ways, that Labour will not be allowed to win a general election whilst he is the leader of the party. I have no idea how he can claim this, but he does have some influential associates. I guess someone is maintaining a Bismark book.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    If it’s a “Tory” Brexit, they’ll advocate remain, but if it’s a “Labour” Brexit, they’ll advocate leave.

Classic.

If the objective is to piss off everyone, Corbyn’s played a blinder

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    “We will seek to deliver Brexit, and then hold a referendum on it and campaign against our own deal”

Muppets.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Probably too late, but

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    started a topic 2nd ref

2nd ref

“Labour is poised to declare it will campaign for remain in a second referendum on any deal put to parliament by a Conservative prime minister, after trade union leaders including Unite’s Len McCluskey backed a change of policy.

The joint position agreed by the unions on Monday would not commit Labour to an explicitly pro-remain position in all circumstances: unions also agreed Labour should seek to deliver a Brexit deal if the party won an election before the UK left the EU.”

Unions agree Labour should back remain in referendum on Tory deal | Politics | The Guardian

Working...
X