• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Have we past peak Gammon?"

Collapse

• BlasterBates
    replied
    The logic seems to be that the majority voted for Leave and that the majority of Leave voters want no deal, and therefore the majority want a no deal.

Leave a comment:

• zerosum
    replied
    Also, it's the Torygraph. The extent to which the public is in favour of no deal has been vastly exaggerated -- Redwood was trying to sell this lie the other day on C4 news. Tory members and the ERG support it, the rest rather less.

Deal, no deal or delay: what the public thinks | YouGov

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by zerosum View Post
    "The study by ComRes found that 38 per cent of Britons back leaving the EU this Friday without a trade deal, while 40 per cent backed revoking Article 50 and remaining in the EU."

By Brexiter standards that's an overwhelming majority in favour of revocation.
    What is the margin of error in a survey that size? 3%

Personally I want MPs to vote with those 2 choices.

Leave a comment:

• zerosum
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    The country is now split down the middle on no deal and staying in the EU.

Britain split down the middle over preference for no deal or no Brexit, Telegraph poll reveals
    "The study by ComRes found that 38 per cent of Britons back leaving the EU this Friday without a trade deal, while 40 per cent backed revoking Article 50 and remaining in the EU."

By Brexiter standards that's an overwhelming majority in favour of revocation.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    The country is now split down the middle on no deal and staying in the EU.

Britain split down the middle over preference for no deal or no Brexit, Telegraph poll reveals

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Brexit CHAOS: 28 MPs split from ERG due to 'unicorn hardline element endangering Brexit'

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Awww what’s the matter? Buyer’s remorse? Away boil yer heed yah bampot yah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ssssh now.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Always so certain eh.
    Awww what’s the matter? Buyer’s remorse? Away boil yer heed yah bampot yah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    It's what you voted for. Get over it.
    Always so certain eh.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    I would rather stay in the EU than just be in the customs union, I doubt it will ever happen. It's literally the worst possible outcome.
    It's what you voted for. Get over it.

Leave a comment:

• BlueSharp
    replied
    I would rather stay in the EU than just be in the customs union, I doubt it will ever happen. It's literally the worst possible outcome.

Agreed the idea of a world super power being subservient to the e.u. rules and having no democratic vote is an utter farcical situation to be in, not as stupid as no deal but close.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Staying in the Customs Union will respect the referendum, and is the least worst option. Staying in the EU is a no no.

It will then stand as a political monument to Brexit for at least a generation.
    I respect your opinion.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Staying in the Customs Union will respect the referendum, and is the least worst option. Staying in the EU is a no no.

It will then stand as a political monument to Brexit for at least a generation.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
    So it looks like Brexit will be delivered, but with us remaining in the customs union, which is a separate trade arrangement to the e.u. and fully delivers Brexit minus the unicorns. However it's making Mogg, Boris and Farage look even more irrelevant as they are still spouting the we want unicorns nonsense with no credible plan to deliver it (no deal is not a plan as they have the Brexiters told us during the campaign, we hold all the cards it's the easiest deal in history etc etc).

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    The great betrayal is in full swing, I suspect it will be completed by the end of the week.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X