• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Heads up

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Heads up"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    You cannot buy anything from me against me will. By definition a sale/purchase requires offer and acceptance. If it's against my will then either the offer or the acceptance was missing, in which case I'd call it theft.
    Yes, that's really rather the point.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    As was the nuclear bomb, which we sold to the Americans after the war to pay our debts for freeing Europe. Something that Europe, particularly France, refused to contribute to despite hoarding their Gold safely away well before Germany invaded.

Everybody is equal but some are more equal than others.
    [emoji867]
    Enough of a citation for you

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
    You are such an a8sehole and a Richard head

https://www1.essex.ac.uk/journals/es...ol-9-no-14.pdf

FOOK U
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

I'll bear that in mind when I "buy" your car for £0.00 [B]against your will.
    You cannot buy anything from me against me will. By definition a sale/purchase requires offer and acceptance. If it's against my will then either the offer or the acceptance was missing, in which case I'd call it theft.
    OK. Whose is this one?
    Last edited by Old Greg; 13 February 2019, 22:58.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied

I'll bear that in mind when I "buy" your car for £0.00 against your will.
    What a coincidence, that's exactly how the Americans took the nuclear tech that we (and the Canadians) contributed to - against our will.

Leave a comment:

• Yorkie62
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    What about balaklavas?
    We should annex it back from Russia.

A sale is a sale even if the price is £0.00

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Heads up

Only if you get an invoice. They took it. Nice try though.

A sale of 0 also doesn’t pay off any debt, as you claimed.

Leave a comment:

• Yorkie62
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    Easy tiger, I’m just asking you to cite what you are claiming to be a fact.

You should read both of your links more closely. Both these plus the Wiki links show the clear trail - the U.K. provided cooperation during the wartime development, the US then stiffed the Brits (and Canadians) just after the war by making the tech the US property, and then in the 1950’s the USA offers to sell their nukes to the U.K. as long as the U.K. reconfigured it’s defence.

In no instance does it show what you claim - that the U.K. ever sold nuclear tech to the USA.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Heads up

FOOK U
    Easy tiger, I’m just asking you to cite what you are claiming to be a fact.

You should read both of your links more closely. Both these plus the Wiki links show the clear trail - the U.K. provided cooperation during the wartime development, the US then stiffed the Brits (and Canadians) just after the war by making the tech the US property, and then in the 1950’s the USA offers to sell their nukes to the U.K. as long as the U.K. reconfigured it’s defence.

In no instance does it show what you claim - that the U.K. ever sold nuclear tech to the USA.

Which, of course, calls into question the validity of the rest of your post.

Leave a comment:

• Yorkie62
    replied
    So the answer is “no”, then, presumably because it isn’t true.

Thanks.
    1958 US–UK Mutual Defence Agreement - Wikipedia

Leave a comment:

• Yorkie62
    replied

Thanks.

FOOK U

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    [emoji867]

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Yorkie62
    replied
    No, not our contribution during the war. You clearly said “sold to the Americans after the war”.

Can you cite this transaction?
    [emoji867]

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    No, not our contribution during the war. You clearly said “sold to the Americans after the war”.

Can you cite this transaction?

Leave a comment:

• Yorkie62
    replied
    ??

Do you have a cite for that? I have a vague recollection of the USA dropping something on Japan (twice) during the war, so it seems odd that we should sell them something that they already had.
    British contribution to the Manhattan Project - Wikipedia

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    As was the nuclear bomb, which we sold to the Americans after the war to pay our debts for freeing Europe. Something that Europe, particularly France, refused to contribute to despite hoarding their Gold safely away well before Germany invaded.

Everybody is equal but some are more equal than others.
    ??

Do you have a cite for that? I have a vague recollection of the USA dropping something on Japan (twice) during the war, so it seems odd that we should sell them something that they already had.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X