• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Special place in hell"

Collapse

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Can they, well lets see where do I put my vote down.
    I was very careful in the words I used and very specific.

Against which politicians in either mainland Europe or domestically in the UK can you "put down your vote"?
    Last edited by meridian; 8 February 2019, 13:33.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    After a couple of minutes reflection, let me offer you this statement:

Donald Tusk is and was voted in by citizens of the EU.
    Can they, well lets see where do I put my vote down.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    The last line is sad because you can’t see the issue with it and yes you are correct the citizens of the EU can’t vote him out.
    Citizens not being able to vote him out is not the same as him not being able to be voted out.

There are many people in both the EU organisation and in U.K. politics that citizens cannot vote for.

After a couple of minutes reflection, let me offer you this statement:

Donald Tusk is and was voted in by citizens of the EU.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    The last line is sad because you can’t see the issue with it and yes you are correct the citizens of the EU can’t vote him out.
    Citizens not being able to vote him out is not the same as him not being able to be voted out.

There are many people in both the EU organisation and in U.K. politics that citizens cannot vote for.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    I explained you in my previous post how the EU citizen can vote him out, you conveniently are ignoring it.

BTW how do you vote the UK's head of state out?
    You vote for Corbyn, and he'll see that she goes to the Tower...

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    I explained you in my previous post how the EU citizen can vote him out, you conveniently are ignoring it.

BTW how do you vote the UK's head of state out?

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    No, you're confusing the EU Franglish "President" with the way that (eg) the US uses the term President. In the EU organisation, "President" is equivalent to chairman. A chairman is voted for by the board (in this case, the European Council, comprising the heads of all Member States).

Asking how "citizens of the EU" can vote him out is meaningless.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Ahh I see your problem. You are confusing a company with a country, silly billy.
    No, you're confusing the EU Franglish "President" with the way that (eg) the US uses the term President. In the EU organisation, "President" is equivalent to chairman. A chairman is voted for by the board (in this case, the European Council, comprising the heads of all Member States).

Asking how "citizens of the EU" can vote him out is meaningless.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Of course all this assumes that 'hell' exists, which it clearly doesn't, so I don't know what the snowflakes are getting so flustered about.

Poor delicate little souls.

Maybe oPM will be along soon to suggest our MPs should be strung up to lampposts and have pitchforks driven through them
    So now you have a man that imagines imaginary places where people are tortured. This is the man you want deciding the fate of your country.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Did several million people "promote Brexit without even a sketch of a plan of how to carry it out safely"?

Do you think that he will see them there?

Do you think that voting for a chairman should be done by employees, or by the board?
    Ahh I see your problem. You are confusing a company with a country, silly billy.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Not true. You're not very good at this "facts" thing, are you?
    Don't tell me, the Pope has a special power and hasn't chosen to use it?

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Can you please provide a link where Tusk says he wants to kill several million people?

Eu citizen vote him out by first electing their own governments who will vote on their turn for or against Tusk
    First class accountability there.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Really, a man in charge of the EU spends his time wondering how people will be tortured in hell because they have a different opinion. Is this the man we want running the EU and deciding the fate of people he doesnt agree with. Also, why is he mixing religion and politics. I do worry for the EU.
    I don't, we're leaving.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    They can't vote him out. Nobody can. Incompetence is a pre-requisite, not an impediment, for a top job in the EU.
    Not true. You're not very good at this "facts" thing, are you?

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Of course all this assumes that 'hell' exists, which it clearly doesn't, so I don't know what the snowflakes are getting so flustered about.

Poor delicate little souls.

Maybe oPM will be along soon to suggest our MPs should be strung up to lampposts and have pitchforks driven through them

Leave a comment:

Working...
X