• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How about we do a merger with the Republic of Ireland?"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    So tell me what was so awful for you that you have to leave it?
    You mean aside from it being full of brainless twunts like you?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Ok, in answer to your question.

In 2 parts if I may.

1) The Dutch, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Germans are all members of the oppressive EU that have rejected all proposals made to resolve the Irish border problems.
    No they haven't. Who voted to leave the EU and cause themselves to be a third country? In theory the EU can state that due to the ignorance of the British voter in regards to the question of the Irish border, there should be a hard border as there is with other third countries. What the EU are doing is protecting the central tenets of the EU but at the same time trying to appease the people who are leaving yet still want to stay in some parts of the EU. The EU have put forward a number of proposals, which are in this thread, yet because the UK don't seem to be able to understand that the EU has to adhere by it's own rules, it's called being oppressed by the EU by people who are unable to understand that they voted out, and out means out meaning that there should be a hard border.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    I am not party to the negotiations, neither are you.

If any of the proposals had been accepted we would know about it.
    So do you know for certain any other proposals have been put forward by the UK as part of the negotiations?

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Which proposals were these?

There's been a proposal for a technical solution that doesn't exist, isn't in development, hasn't even had a spec written for it.

What are all the others?
    I am not party to the negotiations, neither are you.

If any of the proposals had been accepted we would know about it.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied

In 2 parts if I may.

1) The Dutch, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Germans are all members of the oppressive EU that have rejected all proposals made to resolve the Irish border problems.
    Which proposals were these?

There's been a proposal for a technical solution that doesn't exist, isn't in development, hasn't even had a spec written for it.

What are all the others?

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    you won get over it
    Over what?

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied

In 2 parts if I may.

2) The Welsh are likely to be the ones who will suffer the most due to two of the major gateways to Ireland being situated in Wales.
    you won get over it

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Which was a direct response to OPM's claims about Germany (i.e. OPM didn't have a straight answer to a question about Ireland, so he changed the topic to Germany, in the same way that you don't like answering difficult questions so you like to change the topic by giving partial quotes out of context, etc.)

OPM brought up Germany. Eirikur pointed out his error.

So, please answer my question: What have the Dutch, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Germans and the Welsh got to do with the Irish Border Problem?
    Since you decided to bring other nations into it.

In 2 parts if I may.

2) The Welsh are likely to be the ones who will suffer the most due to two of the major gateways to Ireland being situated in Wales.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Please read the above.

Which was a direct response to OPM's claims about Germany (i.e. OPM didn't have a straight answer to a question about Ireland, so he changed the topic to Germany, in the same way that you don't like answering difficult questions so you like to change the topic by giving partial quotes out of context, etc.)

OPM brought up Germany. Eirikur pointed out his error.

So, please answer my question: What have the Dutch, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Germans and the Welsh got to do with the Irish Border Problem?
    Since you decided to bring other nations into it.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    You missed out the colonial ambitions of the ROMANS (Italians). What did the Romans ever do for us?
    Romans weren't Italians, they were ROMANS!

Not to be confused with SPARTANS!

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    The whataboutery is strong in this one.

What have the Dutch, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Germans and the Welsh got to do with the Irish Border Problem?
    Originally posted by Eirikur
    I don't hear the UK apologizing for 100s of years colonialism and be the root cause of many wars, until today because of artificial borders drawn in Asia and Africa by the colonial office.
    Please read the above.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    They did think about it. They were even offered help to invade Ireland by a minor Irish King.
    I think we've had this discussion. The point being that not even the Romans could be bothered with a piss-ant little country that didn't even have Moles - or snakes!

Leave a comment:

• Yorkie62
    replied
    They didn't invade Ireland
    They did think about it. They were even offered help to invade Ireland by a minor Irish King.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    You missed out the colonial ambitions of the ROMANS (Italians). What did the Romans ever do for us?
    They didn't invade Ireland

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Before you start getting all sanctimonious, would you care to explain away the colonial aspirations of the Dutch, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Germans and the Welsh!
    WHere are the Russian, Danish and Belgians in your list?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X