• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "If there would be a new referendum"

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Batcher View Post
    You giving us some of Cumbria and Northumberland then?
    Between Hadrian's Wall and the Antonine Wall will be irradiated.

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    They did indeed, but if you believe Sturgeon, they were only voting to be certain of staying in the EU (due to the uncertain status of an independent Scotland re EU membership). Now if that's not a radical spin of past events, I don't know what is...

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    And they are also entitled to vote to remain pert of the UK. As they duly did.................in great numbers.............in case you forgot.

HTH

I haven't forgotten but things have changed massively.

Apart from Brexit, all of the things promised to us if we voted no has been reneged on. The biggest one is that the only way to stay in the EU was to vote no. They also said oil and gas was running out but in the 4 years since then they have made massive discoveries. It's all been widely reported so they can't try that next time :P

All the EU citizens that were warned to vote no otherwise they would be sent home because an Independent Scotland would be out of the EU will now vote yes to remain in the EU.

The independence referendum was used as a dry run for project fear and you now know what it's like with all the Brexit lies. People won't be fooled a second time.

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Ah, we can but dream.

We could finish what that Hadrian guy started.
    You giving us some of Cumbria and Northumberland then?

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied
    Originally posted by Bean View Post
    YouGov |
    What makes a person Scottish, according to Scots

"Scots believe birthplace and parentage count most – living in Scotland for ten years doesn't make you Scottish"

That was from 2 years ago, when (& maybe still) your view was/is in the minority.

HTH
    According to the views of 1039 people asked by a Tory run polling company.

I can assure you the general feeling is that we're quite happy for people living here to call themselves Scots if that's what they want to do.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Didn't think of that. Book me in for a week's gender reassignment. No, wait, not that...the other one...
    what's left of my mind, boggles

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Careful Mordy. He/she/it might get "offended" and then there will be hell to pay!!

Didn't think of that. Book me in for a week's gender reassignment. No, wait, not that...the other one...

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    After your edit, WTF? Racism? Oh, alright, book me a couple of nights in the Presidential Suite @ Wormwood Scrubs. I will insist on the non-vegetarian breakfast menu though, there's a good chap..

PS - you could at least learn to do some sentences and words in English, you illiterate peasant...
    Careful Mordy. He/she/it might get "offended" and then there will be hell to pay!!

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by pscont View Post
    Exagarating the facts is one thing, lying is quite different. Causing national catastrophe could be treated as treason and one trialed accordingly.

You won't understand it so an example:
    One says black people are criminals and all should go to jail. Now that is racism, although by statistics high % of black people are convicted. Lying or exaggerating if you prefer makes you an offender. Got it?
    After your edit, WTF? Racism? Oh, alright, book me a couple of nights in the Presidential Suite @ Wormwood Scrubs. I will insist on the non-vegetarian breakfast menu though, there's a good chap..

PS - you could at least learn to do some sentences and words in English, you illiterate peasant...

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Bean View Post
    YouGov |
    What makes a person Scottish, according to Scots

"Scots believe birthplace and parentage count most – living in Scotland for ten years doesn't make you Scottish"

That was from 2 years ago, when (& maybe still) your view was/is in the minority.

HTH

Bunch of racists, waiting for Assgoo & co to start obsessing about stables again.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Exagarating the facts is one thing, lying is quite different. Causing national catastrophe could be treated as treason and one trialed accordingly.
    You'll be hard pushed to prove any actual lying: Sending us blindly into the arms of whatever Juncker et al have in store for us might well be counted as treason, but thankfully we are about to leave that particular circus. You have a chance to get over it, but try not to melt in the process...

Leave a comment:

• pscont
    replied
    Are you joking? What was Project Fear, if not a family sized pack of porky pies? Both sides exaggerated the facts to suit their purpose, that's what happens in any debate or election situation, and if that constitutes lying, you might as well turn the House of Commons into a giant prison and lock all the buggers in. I'm guessing you are a bleating remainer who hates losing. Get over it snowflake. There's nothing to stop you moving to your beloved EU, if you're quick...

You won't understand it so an example:
    One says black people are criminals and all should go to jail. Now that is racism, although by statistics high % of black people are convicted. Lying or exaggerating if you prefer makes you an offender. Got it?
    Last edited by pscont; 26 September 2018, 14:49.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    And they are also entitled to vote to remain pert of the UK. As they duly did.................in great numbers.............in case you forgot.

HTH

They did indeed, but if you believe Sturgeon, they were only voting to be certain of staying in the EU (due to the uncertain status of an independent Scotland re EU membership). Now if that's not a radical spin of past events, I don't know what is...

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    It is not that simple. In normal countries when one cheats and/or fabricates facts which are untrue to gain benefit (say in a document) this is a offence and said one could go to jail. Also the document is deemed void. That is the common law.
    Now, same aplies to the lies in the referendum campaign by the liles og farage, bojo and the resf of the cheating bastards.
    Are you joking? What was Project Fear, if not a family sized pack of porky pies? Both sides exaggerated the facts to suit their purpose, that's what happens in any debate or election situation, and if that constitutes lying, you might as well turn the House of Commons into a giant prison and lock all the buggers in. I'm guessing you are a bleating remainer who hates losing. Get over it snowflake. There's nothing to stop you moving to your beloved EU, if you're quick...

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    It is not that simple. In normal countries when one cheats and/or fabricates facts which are untrue to gain benefit (say in a document) this is a offence and said one could go to jail. Also the document is deemed void. That is the common law.
    Now, same aplies to the lies in the referendum campaign by the liles og farage, bojo and the resf of the cheating bastards.
    Do you honestly think that people who voted to leave did so on the back of what some politician has spouted?

You're clutching at straws.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X