• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "13 mile lorry park would last for years after Brexit due to govt. incompetence"

Collapse

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    Very average retort.
    One has to keep to the level of one's interlocutors.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    And yet nothing comes to your mind if I ask you what you think a successful Brexit deal would look like?
    Very average retort.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I see your CUK postings and the words monkeys, typewriters and shakespeare come to mind.
    And yet nothing comes to your mind if I ask you what you think a successful Brexit deal would look like?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I see your CUK postings and the words monkeys, typewriters and shakespeare come to mind.
    That's exactly what came to mind each time I read one of the UK government's white papers

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Indeed I underestimated how many Uber and Amazon drivers were really needed.
    No wage rises above inflation and piss poor productivity suggests lots of low level and badly paid jobs are being created.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Not entirely true though:

https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...er-brexit.html

Probably more like law of averages.
    Indeed I underestimated how many Uber and Amazon drivers were really needed.
    No wage rises above inflation and piss poor productivity suggests lots of low level and badly paid jobs are being created.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied

Not entirely true though:

https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...er-brexit.html

Probably more like law of averages.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    SASGuru's only average with this prediction malarkey. If you want real insight you need his fellow Remain cohort scooterscot.
    Well above average actually:

https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...emi-final.html

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by Bean View Post
    Maybe one day, you'll pipe down a bit and come to the realisation, that you do not have a crystal-ball that allows you to know the future.

Then, maybe you'll further realise, that others do not necessarily want to expend large amounts of time & energy, discussing hypothetical scenarios, which may or may not come to pass.

HTH BIDI
    SASGuru's only average with this prediction malarkey. If you want real insight you need his fellow Remain cohort scooterscot.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Bean View Post
    Maybe one day, you'll pipe down a bit and come to the realisation, that you do not have a crystal-ball that allows you to know the future.

You don't need a crystal ball, just some basic numeracy skills. That's something most Brexiters don't have so to them it seems like magic
    Here's a categoric, unequivocal prediction: Brexit, of whatever form, will make the country poorer than it would otherwise be.
    The extent to which it will be poorer will depend on the level of compromise the UK government makes.

Leave a comment:

• Bean
    replied
    Maybe one day you'll have a valid point to make on the issue under discussion.

Then, maybe you'll further realise, that others do not necessarily want to expend large amounts of time & energy, discussing hypothetical scenarios, which may or may not come to pass.

HTH BIDI

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Doesn't seem likely really, does it.
    Do you hold SAS' hand when he is crossing the road too?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Doesn't seem likely really, does it.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Oh, the ironing!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X