• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Brexiteers lodsing bigly, May agrees to pay more"

Collapse

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    I think they must be targeted ads based on your browsing history, mine have something about saving £300 off my electricity bill...

;-)
    oPM says he usually gets photos of men wearing pink shorts.

Leave a comment:

• Bean
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    I think they must be targeted ads based on your browsing history, mine have something about saving £300 off my electricity bill...

;-)
    I think not. The adverts revolve at the top, but the fact they publish that guff is sufficient for most* to not use as a reliable source of information!

*excludes

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by Bean View Post
    The advert above the main article;

Moon hoax........seriously?!?

Still, I guess you enjoy the pretty pictures?

;-)

Leave a comment:

• flamel
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    UK budget deficit rises unexpectedly

not really, the treasury predicted this last year

The Treasury henceforth must be described as Mutineers, seeking to subvert the will of the British people with all these facts

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    UK budget deficit rises unexpectedly

Britain’s deficit unexpectedly widened in October, handing Philip Hammond disappointing news on the eve of the budget.
    not really, the treasury predicted this last year

Leave a comment:

• Bean
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    whoops another cave in

UK government agrees to ECJ jurisdiction

You can see where it's all heading.

The advert above the main article;

Moon hoax........seriously?!?

Still, I guess you enjoy the pretty pictures?

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    whoops another cave in

UK government agrees to ECJ jurisdiction

You can see where it's all heading.

Leave a comment:

• Bean
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    "Lets stay in the EU and put the £40bn into the NHS."

Where was that bus?
    There wasn't. I was suggesting that nobody put the amount of the multi-year EU budgets (that the UK agreed to) onto the side of the bus and asked the general public if we agreed to said budget.....

Leave a comment:

• Bean
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    What's even more hilarious is that idiots on both sides cling on to this number on a bus that a man with control of one MP's vote at the time posted. It's less relevant than Corbyn's pledges because you can promise whatever you want when you're not responsible for delivering.
    Quite. I'm not sure how many people still believe that to have been a pledge (we will), rather than an option (let's = let us) - by someone not in government/ministerial office.

Still, it keeps everyone frothing happily

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    "Lets stay in the EU and put the £40bn into the NHS."

Where was that bus?

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by Bean View Post
    It was already agreed, in the budgets. So we'd pay it if we were to have remained and conversely, if we were to leave.
    (but you're right, they didn't put 'let's agree to this humongous multi-year budget' on a bus and get us to agree to it did they?)

Total chaos? Calm down dear, the UK isn't quite Zimbabwe, Syria or Libya yet
    What's even more hilarious is that idiots on both sides cling on to this number on a bus that a man with control of one MP's vote at the time posted. It's less relevant than Corbyn's pledges because you can promise whatever you want when you're not responsible for delivering.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Very kind of him. Is he related to Ken bigly?
    almost certainly.

Leave a comment:

• Bean
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Brexit: UK 'ready to pay more to the EU' - BBC News

Yes guys this is what you voted for when you voted leave, but I didn't see a bus with the text let's give £40B to the EU and leave the country in total chaos
    It was already agreed, in the budgets. So we'd pay it if we were to have remained and conversely, if we were to leave.
    (but you're right, they didn't put 'let's agree to this humongous multi-year budget' on a bus and get us to agree to it did they?)

Total chaos? Calm down dear, the UK isn't quite Zimbabwe, Syria or Libya yet

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    I don't know but apparently he is going to pay 40bn to the EU.
    Very kind of him. Is he related to Ken bigly?

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Who's this lodsing bloke?
    I don't know but apparently he is going to pay 40bn to the EU.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X