• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tory Brexit DOOM™: Goldman Sachs"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    They should raise membership to £10 a year minimum. They would get several million Tories who will pick the least electable candidate.
    And then they would get elected by the rest of the British public.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    I thought a large chunk of their income came from the TUC, with the appropriate levers available to produce their own brand of manifesto commitments?
    They should raise membership to £10 a year minimum. They would get several million Tories who will pick the least electable candidate.

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    I thought a large chunk of their income came from the TUC, with the appropriate levers available to produce their own brand of manifesto commitments?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Just remind me again of why it is the 'workers' are so important to the wealth of the nation, oh yeah so long as they're working they are contributing to the Treasury. Last time I looked they had the Labour party to cater for their needs.
    Really? I thought Labour only looked after big business.

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    Just remind me again of why it is the 'workers' are so important to the wealth of the nation, oh yeah so long as they're working they are contributing to the Treasury. Last time I looked they had the Labour party to cater for their needs.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    They'd have to go back to their roots and start listening to the hardworking, honest, business people and owners.
    So basically you're saying that the Tories are the party of only business people, **** the workers then?

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    They'd have to go back to their roots and start listening to the hardworking, honest, business people and owners.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I'd start with those who trade against the pound, from London, to enrich their paymasters fuelled by huge slush fund payments . If the FCA (and previously FSA) hadn't been so useless they'd have been given their marching orders years (decades) ago.
    Well that would **** up the Tories, where would they get all their donations from?

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Shorting any currency in the country of origin should be outlawed.
    So would you introduce a crime of economic sabotage? What would this achieve, when such trades would just occur in other jurisdictions?

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    Shorting any currency in the country of origin should be outlawed.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    I'd start with those who trade against the pound, from London, to enrich their paymasters fuelled by huge slush fund payments . If the FCA (and previously FSA) hadn't been so useless they'd have been given their marching orders years (decades) ago.
    Will they be able to trade to back the pound?

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Being an American listed company, repeatedly prosecuted here and in the states for Criminal activity, I'd say let the Germans have them.
    Which other companies operating in the UK would you also like to leave?

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Excellent, I'd like to propose sas as motivational speaker when the delivery misses all critical deadlines, like "turn on database server", and fails all acceptability tests. Perhaps our BAU support monkey could stretch to data QC too? As in, "this settlement looks too small to be realistic".
    Good. Bagpuss can be in charge of accountancy. Churchill was down to help out, but wants to check first that he won't have to work for Jews.

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    Being an American listed company, repeatedly prosecuted here and in the states for Criminal activity, I'd say let the Germans have them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X