• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What will the remoaners drive after Brexit?"

Collapse

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Mmm, Brexit mentality rears it's Roy 'Chubby' Brown head....
    Really love your avatar.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    the last time you got wood was watching your sister in the shower

Mmm, Brexit mentality rears it's Roy 'Chubby' Brown head....

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    the last time you got wood was watching your sister in the shower

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I could have had wood in my BMW: https://www.bmw.com/en/topics/fascin...ollection.html

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    christ you are a stupid **** aren't you?

Fell out of the stupid tree and hit all the branches on the way down.
    If you want a good argument for why the EU has been good for us, just consider the fact that complete imbeciles like Bob have been able to make a reasonable living
    Last edited by sasguru; 16 October 2017, 18:17.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post

This photo shows the inside of an older SL. The wood that you can see is all 5 -10mm solid walnut. If you have a law that requires 80% of the materials to be recyclable and to have came from recycled sources. Thats a large junk of the interior that is not going to foot the bill. The seats are all nappa leather so they are probably out too...

So now they use light weight plastic frames and glue veneers to them...

Because its no longer a solid interior, as you drive the car and hit rough pot holes the body work starts to loosen and 60k later the thing rattles like hell. Don't get me wrong its as tight as a drum for the first year or so but by the 3rd year not so much.

Even the S-class they lent me at the last service had panel creaks so maybe you are just too deaf to notice them
    christ you are a stupid **** aren't you?

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Isn't wood and leather natural and therefore recyclable whereas plastic is polluting and unrecyclable?:confused

Just checked apparently some plastic is recyclable. But wood and leather are certainly not polluting.

Could it be that manufacturers want to save money and this is nothing to do with the EU?:confused

Anyway I still can't see in your link where they say wood is a no no. Betleys are wood-lined are they not?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=be...BTUBuNWFi7kaM:
    Leather is a bonus free product left over after we've made all the burgers.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Probably not a merc

Mercedes recalls 400000 cars in the UK over faulty airbag system

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-new...-airbag-system

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    If you have a law that requires 80% of the materials to be recyclable and to have came from recycled sources. Thats a large junk of the interior that is not going to foot the bill. The seats are all nappa leather so they are probably out too...

Isn't wood and leather natural and therefore recyclable whereas plastic is polluting and unrecyclable?:confused

Just checked apparently some plastic is recyclable. But wood and leather are certainly not polluting.

Could it be that manufacturers want to save money and this is nothing to do with the EU?:confused

Anyway I still can't see in your link where they say wood is a no no. Betleys are wood-lined are they not?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=be...BTUBuNWFi7kaM:
    Last edited by sasguru; 16 October 2017, 16:56.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Let's start with this one. I can't see where in your link they banned wood? And it's not clear to me why other materials would "creak" more.
    I have Merc E, no wood in it, no creaks.

This photo shows the inside of an older SL. The wood that you can see is all 5 -10mm solid walnut. If you have a law that requires 80% of the materials to be recyclable and to have came from recycled sources. Thats a large junk of the interior that is not going to foot the bill. The seats are all nappa leather so they are probably out too...

Because its no longer a solid interior, as you drive the car and hit rough pot holes the body work starts to loosen and 60k later the thing rattles like hell. Don't get me wrong its as tight as a drum for the first year or so but by the 3rd year not so much.

Even the S-class they lent me at the last service had panel creaks so maybe you are just too deaf to notice them

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    1) They introduced a law that controls the minimum amounts of recyclable materials in a car. This means that where traditionally premium cars would have nice things like solid walnut inlays and dash panels they are now replaced with cheap tulipty plastics and MDF type mouldings that are easier to reclaim.

This is why you can still buy R129 so's from the mid 90's that squeak less than a new one

EUR-Lex - 32000L0053 - EN - EUR-Lex
    Let's start with this one. I can't see where in your link they banned wood? And it's not clear to me why other materials would "creak" more.
    I have Merc E, no wood in it, no creaks.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Bollocks. What about Vauxhall at Ellesmere?
    This one: https://www.theguardian.com/business...nd-astra-falls

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    Please provide a citation for the legislation that bans better workmanship and materials?
    You can't can you? It doesn't exist. What a load of absolute tripe you've just come out with. Even the most extreme brexiter I know, who is an engineer in the car industry, wouldn't back you up on that.
    1) They introduced a law that controls the minimum amounts of recyclable materials in a car. This means that where traditionally premium cars would have nice things like solid walnut inlays and dash panels they are now replaced with cheap tulipty plastics and MDF type mouldings that are easier to reclaim.

This is why you can still buy R129 so's from the mid 90's that squeak less than a new one

EUR-Lex - 32000L0053 - EN - EUR-Lex

2) They banned the use of solvent based paints the results are crapy thin paint that will chip almost as fast as you look at it and that looses its depth of colour much faster than the original stuff you can also burn through the new stuff with bird tulip

http://ec.europa.eu/environment/air/..._emissions.pdf

And just for fun if you are wondering why you don't have a decent spare tyre in your new car this one is down to the fact that the EU over egged the fuel efficiency figures and the easiest way to lose the weight needed was dump a 40kg wheel...

So thanks to the EU ******* about, Your car is made with cheaper crappy parts (just so its easy to break up in 20 years) and has paint that will fade and get damaged
    much more easier than one built in 1999.

Thanks guys keep the race to the bottom going

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    From 2019 it will no longer be possible to import the cars driven by cretins : BMW, Audi, Mercedes.

What will the morons drive then?
    May not even have to wait until 2019....

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Yet Bob is a member of the CUK Brexit intellectual elite.

Stop now, you've got my ribs hurting ....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X