• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hard Brexit means people fleeing UK"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Go boil your head!
    Hello Bee

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Gosh you are a little man aren't you?
    Go boil your head!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

I'm director of two medium sized charities.
    Well bully for you. And I am sure, as a director, you are incredibly "hands-on".
    And doubtless these roles come with free use of a shiny halo and endless quantities of sanctimonious bullsh*t that you can liberally douse everyone else with, whether or not you have ANY knowledge of their circumstances.

Prior to getting into this some years ago, I admit I assumed most charities wasted money left, right, and centre - with many being ineffectual.
    Yes, well let's all just be grateful that you so magnanimously volunteered to put your shoulder to the wheel and make the world a better place.

How can you possibly understand or empathise with groups of society you have no contact with? If you're forming opinions from people similar to yourself and from newspapers only, what credibility can we attach to such opinions? Exactly.
    Well as you have absolutely ZERO idea of just how and what helps people on here formulate their opinions, you are in NO position to cast judgment on others.
    Not that this inescapable fact has stopped you from jumping to conclusions that doubtless comfortably fit your surly supercilious prejudiced agenda.
    Now spare us any more of your pious whining.

Gosh you are a little man aren't you?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by contractorinatractor View Post
    I'm director of two medium sized charities.
    Well bully for you. And I am sure, as a director, you are incredibly "hands-on".
    And doubtless these roles come with free use of a shiny halo and endless quantities of sanctimonious bullsh*t that you can liberally douse everyone else with, whether or not you have ANY knowledge of their circumstances.

Prior to getting into this some years ago, I admit I assumed most charities wasted money left, right, and centre - with many being ineffectual.
    Yes, well let's all just be grateful that you so magnanimously volunteered to put your shoulder to the wheel and make the world a better place.

How can you possibly understand or empathise with groups of society you have no contact with? If you're forming opinions from people similar to yourself and from newspapers only, what credibility can we attach to such opinions? Exactly.
    Well as you have absolutely ZERO idea of just how and what helps people on here formulate their opinions, you are in NO position to cast judgment on others.
    Not that this inescapable fact has stopped you from jumping to conclusions that doubtless comfortably fit your surly supercilious prejudiced agenda.
    Now spare us any more of your pious whining.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Shauny practically lives down the Panniers in Barnstaple, so don't be so quick to dismiss his life experience.
    You're outing everyone today.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I'm director of two medium sized charities. Prior to getting into this some years ago, I admit I assumed most charities wasted money left, right, and centre - with many being ineffectual.

It appears that, in reality, most are trying their best with limited resources. People who volunteer for them generally have day jobs and want the organisation to run smoothly and efficiently, helping those in need as best as possible.

You meet a different - much better - calibre of people who also work for the charities, and this, along with exposure to the poorest and disenfranchised of society, which benefits you and will shape your viewpoints to a more accurate vision.

My sister-out-law works for a charity. The main benefit is less than 3% of fund raising. Alot of charities have more.

People also feel upset to be chugged.

No-one I know donates to charity anymore except anonymously. Else they will get innundated with begging letters.

If not for my disabled children I would do much more for charity.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    I'm director of two medium sized charities. Prior to getting into this some years ago, I admit I assumed most charities wasted money left, right, and centre - with many being ineffectual.

It appears that, in reality, most are trying their best with limited resources. People who volunteer for them generally have day jobs and want the organisation to run smoothly and efficiently, helping those in need as best as possible.

You meet a different - much better - calibre of people who also work for the charities, and this, along with exposure to the poorest and disenfranchised of society, which benefits you and will shape your viewpoints to a more accurate vision.

Shauny practically lives down the Panniers in Barnstaple, so don't be so quick to dismiss his life experience.

Leave a comment:

• contractorinatractor
    replied
    Whereas YOU, no doubt, have had endless exposure to the tribulations of the working classes, and can categorically state that the only thing amiss with the current Benefits system is that successive HMGs don't plough enough money into it to help the truly "needy".

Give it a rest Mother Theresa!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    It's going to look awesome for Tory Scum - 1 mln high rate taxpayers leaving and accepting just 100k refugees
    Someone needs to do the cleaning...

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    https://youtu.be/g4flAZEgtjs

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    You know nothing of what you speak. I suspect you are in a little bubble somewhere in the Midlands, with a nice garden and a few neighbours.
    Whereas YOU, no doubt, have had endless exposure to the tribulations of the working classes, and can categorically state that the only thing amiss with the current Benefits system is that successive HMGs don't plough enough money into it to help the truly "needy".

Give it a rest Mother Theresa!

Leave a comment:

• contractorinatractor
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Not in the short term maybe but we need to wind back the whole idea of welfare to ensure the nation's future. If we don't, those wonderful hard working migrants are eventually going to end up with the same lazy mindset.

Corbyn's idiot idea of free tuition fees certainly won't help, there will be even fewer available for low skilled jobs and even more people who have delayed contributing to the tax system.

You know nothing of what you speak. I suspect you are in a little bubble somewhere in the Midlands, with a nice garden and a few neighbours.

Have you thought about doing some charity work in an urbanised community and getting a real experience at the cold-face of the lives of those on temporary work JSA? Give it a try. You'll see that welfare is needed within a decent society to provide a safety net.

Fraud rates are around max 5%. With the way you talk, you would think you'd have some evidence for the supposed vast majority (what, 95%?!) who I suspect you think are killing the system long term.

Knowing a single family doing this systematically doesn't extrapolate to the welfare masses society. At your age I would have expected you to be more enlightened. Although it's easy to see how an aged Tory is shaped by years of relatively easy living (aye, contracting is easy given the monetary rewards -deal with it) and ends up like you.

A good message to the under 35's on the forum: don't end up like OwlHoot. Use your initiative and create opinions based on direct experiences within your local community.

Leave a comment:

• Fronttoback
    replied
    Gordon was not a banker
    Sorry, I meant Flash Gordon from UBS.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
    But if you blame gordon gecko bankers , you are blaming a media image. This almost doesn't exist in reality. Brexitannia!
    Gordon was not a banker

Leave a comment:

• Fronttoback
    replied
    Tell it to those who voted for Brexit...
    But if you blame gordon gecko bankers , you are blaming a media image. This almost doesn't exist in reality.

Brexitannia!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X