• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Simple solution to the Brexit problem - stay in Europe AND cancel Freedom of Movement"

Collapse

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    ...and then finally they will erect a huge billboard in Brussels that states:

EU 10 UK 0

Or simply:

Royaume-Uni Nil Points

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Osborne on the Andrew Marr show said, having talked to EU colleagues, that he expected the EU to make an offer to enter the EEA, and that he expects the UK to be there for many years.

I think it is clear, the negotiations will be primarily about the bill and when they've ground the UK down will give them just a few months or weeks even to decide on EEA membership complete with FOM, hefty budget contributions and subject to European court of justice or risk being thrown out completely.

What does a middling European power with very little indigenous manufacturing industry and a reliance on debt to prop up its standard of living really expect? What happened to our educational standards that 52% of the population can't see this reality?

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    to fund public sector jobs for dodgy EU citizens returning from the UK.
    hooray

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    and before I forget, on 1st April 2020 they will unanimously pass a new directive to force the clearing of Euro based derivatives in the EU so generating a 100,000 new jobs and a much needed increase in tax revenue to fund public sector jobs for EU citizens returning from the UK.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

EU 10 UK 0

Nah they will just find a German politician to make a sarcastic killer comment about the Tories....

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    I expect that membership fees will be £350,000,000 per week with no rebate.

EU 10 UK 0

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Osborne on the Andrew Marr show said, having talked to EU colleagues, that he expected the EU to make an offer to enter the EEA, and that he expects the UK to be there for many years.

I think it is clear, the negotiations will be primarily about the bill and when they've ground the UK down will give them just a few months or weeks even to decide on EEA membership complete with FOM, budget demands and subject to European court of justice or risk being thrown out completely.

I expect that membership fees will be £350,000,000 per week with no rebate.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    It will be amusing when they stop dithering about what they want, and then realise that they can only have what the EU agrees to.

I think it is clear, the negotiations will be primarily about the bill and when they've ground the UK down will give them just a few months or weeks even to decide on EEA membership complete with FOM, hefty budget contributions and subject to European court of justice or risk being thrown out completely.

Last edited by BlasterBates; 13 June 2017, 10:17.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    He doesn't get a vote in IndyRef.
    I'm sure he'd be able find someone to "put him up" for just long enough to register to vote.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Michael Gove calls for an Open approach on Brexit

I think the Tories survival instinct is kicking in as they now ditch Brexit.

It will be amusing when they stop dithering about what they want, and then realise that they can only have what the EU agrees to.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Michael Gove calls for an Open approach on Brexit

I think the Tories survival instinct is kicking in as they now ditch Brexit.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Try telling Scooty that...
    He doesn't get a vote in IndyRef.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    I think we get an inkiing here as to why a referendum is a bad idea to make an important political decision.

Try telling Scooty that...

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Who is being given Greek citizenship in mass numbers? It isn't an easy process. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_nationality_law
    I think we get an inkiing here as to why a referendum is a bad idea to make an important political decision.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    The simple solution would have been for Labour back in 2007 to implement the proposed changes that made our benefits system contribution based rather than a free for all.

Then Eastern Europeans wouldn't then be getting their wages topped up with benefits as soon as they arrived in the country and would instead have had to both work here for 5 years before claiming...
    The Tories threatened to do that and were going to make a pigs ear of it. They stated they couldn't do it to Eastern Europeans without doing it to British citizens.

However they forgot that many systems have a residency requirement as well so if you were educated here before the age of 16 you qualify. That way those in the care system or are disabled and have lived here all their lives aren't made destitute.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X