• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Limited company registered address - Accountant's address?"

Collapse

• Maslins
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    I'm using my home address as well, problem is when I google myself all details are there, name, company name, annual returns etc. My neighbors and potential scammers/kidnappers/ex-es now know exactly how much money I make.
    If I had to register again I would probably use the accountants address.
    They shouldn't...unless your Co is WAY bigger than a typical contractor Ltd Co. Normally abbreviated accounts would be filed, which don't include a profit and loss, so general public shouldn't be able to find out what your turnover/profit was.

The information that's available also won't change regardless of whether you use your home address or an accountant's address. I guess if someone Googles your address then they might find the company they wouldn't otherwise know about...but they'd probably be able to do that from your name as director anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Clare@InTouch
    replied
    I'm using my home address as well, problem is when I google myself all details are there, name, company name, annual returns etc. My neighbors and potential scammers/kidnappers/ex-es now know exactly how much money I make.
    Certain data from your company will always be available online, that's the price you pay for limited liability. You can limit what gets into the public domain by filing abbreviated accounts, or by trading as self employed rather than Limited.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I'm using my home address as well, problem is when I google myself all details are there, name, company name, annual returns etc. My neighbours and potential scammers/kidnappers/ex-es now know exactly how much money I make.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by Maslins View Post
    I personally think use your own residential address unless there's a good reason not to.

Leave a comment:

• ContrataxLtd
    replied
    Originally posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
    Many accountant's won't charge for you using their address, and it helps maintain privacy if you use it as your service address too. There's no problem either way.
    +1

We don't charge clients that want to use our address as the registered office. In fact we normally encourage it so that when combined with using our address as the service address it keeps the director's personal address of the public records.

Martin
    Contratax Ltd

Leave a comment:

• Clare@InTouch
    replied
    Many accountant's won't charge for you using their address, and it helps maintain privacy if you use it as your service address too. There's no problem either way.

Leave a comment:

• CloudWalker
    replied
    If like me you have a Jack Russell at home best to get mail sent to your accountant

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Maslins View Post
    I personally think use your own residential address unless there's a good reason not to.
    Yep. I've been doing this for 3 or 4 years, and nothing bad has happened.

The banks will want your real address anyway. All that ever goes to your registered office is a couple of letters per year from HMRC and Co. House, and for that accountants will charge you £50p.a. to forward them.

Leave a comment:

• Maslins
    replied

Otherwise you're just adding in extra "middlemen" for things to possibly go missing, and/or you change accountant it can potentially cause issues. I'm saying this as someone who runs an accountancy firm which does offer registered office address for clients.

Can't see that using an accountant's address would cause any issues with banks/similar though.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    You really need to learn how to use the search options..

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ac...sm=93&ie=UTF-8

Leave a comment:

• Limited company registered address - Accountant's address?

I have seen some company formation websites and accountant's websites mentioning that it is best to give the limited company's registered address as accountant's address as this will be good for privacy and identity protection.

Is it wise to do this?

Will there be a problem with the banks later due to this - like switching banks or mortgage?

Working...
X