• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "CapitalCity vs InTouch"

Collapse

• Clare@InTouch
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Clare you recently announced a referral of Amazon vouchers to the person doing the referral. Is one allowed to have X months free instead still? And - is there any tax implication of receiving a personal referral gift?
    If you're referring someone and want a month free instead then let us know, I'm sure we can come to an agreement If not we do tend to change offers on a regular basis so keep an eye on what we're up to.

Vouchers would be taxable income for you personally, so should be included on your tax return. A reward to your company instead is effectively a refund of accountancy fees, so there are the CT implications there instead.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Clare you recently announced a referral of Amazon vouchers to the person doing the referral. Is one allowed to have X months free instead still? And - is there any tax implication of receiving a personal referral gift?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    You're such a tart.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Dibs! I'm claiming the referral

To be fair, with the new referral scheme, it only takes a handful of referrals to be able to buy an iPad.
    You're such a tart.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
    £92 plus VAT, with a thank you reward for anyone who refers you to us (it's not an ipad or a pony I'm afraid, contrary to popular rumour). Give us a call or drop us an email for more details
    Dibs! I'm claiming the referral

To be fair, with the new referral scheme, it only takes a handful of referrals to be able to buy an iPad.

Leave a comment:

• Clare@InTouch
    replied
    Originally posted by ssamford View Post
    Hi Claire,

What are the monthly/annual costs for InTouch? I've been using the same accountant for over 4 years and I think they are too expensive. I pay about £150 per month and they don't even have an online portal
    £92 plus VAT, with a thank you reward for anyone who refers you to us (it's not an ipad or a pony I'm afraid, contrary to popular rumour). Give us a call or drop us an email for more details

Leave a comment:

• ssamford
    replied
    Costs

Hi Claire,

What are the monthly/annual costs for InTouch? I've been using the same accountant for over 4 years and I think they are too expensive. I pay about £150 per month and they don't even have an online portal

Leave a comment:

• Jessica@WhiteFieldTax
    replied
    Indeed it's a bit of a blurred line because normally people only pay monthly to avoid large single payments... for a contractor that shouldn't be a problem and you'd normally in fact expect a discount for paying up front... or the option to pay your full year at year-end.

The "they have to do the same amount of work" line is probably pretty true but it's not necessarily about buying X hours of work per year. I'm sure all you service providers here have customers who take virtually no time each year and others who are phoning up every week asking a question or two, and you don't differentiate on price based on that
    Of course not, it averages out, rough with smooth. There is a need to be pragmatic and commercial.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    I'm a bit worried that all my emails get an auto-respond "sorry I'm on my pony" the last few weeks.
    Mine say "If you're emailing me about that free iPad, **** off"

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by captainham View Post
    Noted. I've added you to speed dial and set a daily reminder in my phone to call you. Get ready!
    I'm a bit worried that all my emails get an auto-respond "sorry I'm on my pony" the last few weeks.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Very true. I always advise potential clients that they're welcome to call me every day if they need to. Thankfully only a few take me up on that!

I prefer to bombard you with emails instead

Leave a comment:

• Clare@InTouch
    replied
    Originally posted by captainham View Post
    Noted. I've added you to speed dial and set a daily reminder in my phone to call you. Get ready!

Leave a comment:

• captainham
    replied
    Very true. I always advise potential clients that they're welcome to call me every day if they need to. Thankfully only a few take me up on that!

Leave a comment:

• Clare@InTouch
    replied
    Indeed it's a bit of a blurred line because normally people only pay monthly to avoid large single payments... for a contractor that shouldn't be a problem and you'd normally in fact expect a discount for paying up front... or the option to pay your full year at year-end.

The "they have to do the same amount of work" line is probably pretty true but it's not necessarily about buying X hours of work per year. I'm sure all you service providers here have customers who take virtually no time each year and others who are phoning up every week asking a question or two, and you don't differentiate on price based on that

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X