• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Clear v Crunch: choosing between 2 accountancy firms"

Collapse

• Waldorf
    replied
    Never heard of clear accounting, but I would always be wary of an accountant who does not publish their address or their fees on the website, plus they can't spell "stationery"!!

Seems that they are probably an umbrella that also does accountancy, but not as its main activity.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    You could try searching the forums...

Crunch seems to have been discussed rather a lot recently...

Best method to search is here...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/welco...uk-forums.html

Just point though... If you are new, cost is the last thing you want to be looking at IMO. I don't know the figures you are talking about but I am with SJD at around £1200 a year and every penny is money well spent because they give me correct and accurate advice and I trust them. To give that up to save a couple of hundred pounds would be a poor choice in my book but it is up to you.

Shave a bit of your banking charges, or your PI/PL insurance if you want but I wouldn't be scrimping on my accountant at this point. Take the one that is best for you regardless of cost at this point.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 21 February 2013, 21:42.

Leave a comment:

• callie
    started a topic Clear v Crunch: choosing between 2 accountancy firms

Clear v Crunch: choosing between 2 accountancy firms

Hi there

I'm about to set up a limited company to work as a contractor. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with Clear Accountancy Solutions & Crunch Accountancy? I've read some mixed feedback with Crunch but given there's a difference of about £500 per year in their fees I was inclined to go with them (I'm not a big earner just yet so it matters) However I'd be more interested to hear if anyone has had any dealings from Clear Accountancy Solutions? In the long-run I'd rather it be smooth sailing.

Thanks in advance!

Working...
X