• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "NATWEST Business Account - Passport?"

Collapse

• RasputinDude
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    and when that bank screws up you have lost access to both accounts.
    And therein lies another reason for moving away from Barclays.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Kanye View Post
    What's the difference between a transfer and a payment?

Does it really matter if its accounted for properly?

I would rather have the convenience of having my money in one place & easy transfers between the two and just live with this.
    In this day and age I wouldn't think having them physically with the same bank really makes a difference? Just because you see two entries on the screen it doesn't mean you have them in the same place, the business and consumer elements will still be totally different. Transfering them between each other will be no less complicated than between banks either.

I can see how it works but such a minor benefit in this day of tech, and when that bank screws up you have lost access to both accounts.

Leave a comment:

• RasputinDude
    replied
    You are solving a problem that isn't there. I didn't say that it was a problem, I said that it was a PITA. Then you asked the difference, which I replied to.

I was attempting to answer this question:

What do you mean your personal and business banking will be linked?
    Not solve any problems of my own.

Leave a comment:

• Kanye
    replied
    Originally posted by RasputinDude View Post
    They are recorded differently. It's fine for accounting - no problem there, but a bit of PITA for getting loans/mortgages etc.
    I was offered a mortgage based on payslips and divi vouchers that were printed out from FreeAgent. All of my salaries are transferred using Barclays online.

Not being argumentitive - just offering genuine advice! I don't think you have a problem here.

Leave a comment:

• RasputinDude
    replied
    They are recorded differently. It's fine for accounting - no problem there, but a bit of PITA for getting loans/mortgages etc.

Leave a comment:

• Kanye
    replied
    Originally posted by RasputinDude View Post
    I suspect that it'll be something like mine with Barclays where I can log in to the online banking with my personal and business accounts all available (despite being separate accounts, different branches, different addresses, business account in the business name etc). It's a right royal pain to be honest as salary payments from business to personal are not recorded as payments but transfers between accounts. For this reason, I am moving the business account away from Barclays as the idiots there don't seem to understand why I don't want this to be the case.
    What's the difference between a transfer and a payment?

Does it really matter if its accounted for properly?

I would rather have the convenience of having my money in one place & easy transfers between the two and just live with this.
    Last edited by Kanye; 27 June 2012, 09:05.

Leave a comment:

• RasputinDude
    replied
    I suspect that it'll be something like mine with Barclays where I can log in to the online banking with my personal and business accounts all available (despite being separate accounts, different branches, different addresses, business account in the business name etc). It's a right royal pain to be honest as salary payments from business to personal are not recorded as payments but transfers between accounts. For this reason, I am moving the business account away from Barclays as the idiots there don't seem to understand why I don't want this to be the case.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    My thoughts exactly! I can only assume he \ she means they'll be with the same bank!?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by mlc2009 View Post
    Hi All,

When I tried to open a business account 2 years ago, I was told I needed a passport and my account process was rejected. I went to Barclays and opened one without. I have a personal account now with Natwest with 200k+ in and would like a business account so it's linked. Do you think it's worth applying again for a business account as I seem to find that money talks in these circumstances? anyone open one without passport?
    Its normally photo id such as passport or photo driving license.

I've had this issue for years as I didnt want a photo driving license and had no need for a passport. It got to the stage where I had to get a PDL just to get contracts!

Leave a comment:

• scooby
    replied
    Hi All,

When I tried to open a business account 2 years ago, I was told I needed a passport and my account process was rejected. I went to Barclays and opened one without. I have a personal account now with Natwest with 200k+ in and would like a business account so it's linked. Do you think it's worth applying again for a business account as I seem to find that money talks in these circumstances? anyone open one without passport?
    As a personal customer, they opened a new account with no issues, or requests. Although I dont see what your issue with a passport is? Using your driving license instead, its as valid...

Leave a comment:

• sog
    replied
    Have you considered getting a passport first?

Leave a comment:

• Sally@InTouch
    replied
    Hi All,

Organisations such as NATWEST have certain criteria required to ID/credit score you before they can open you an account. It may be worth applying again, although unless you have a passport, you may not qualify. It's possible they require a tick in each box, and regardless of your bank balance, they may still require a passport.

Given their current banking crisis, maybe wait until they are back on track and up to date. I would doubt new business is on the top of their agenda currently

Leave a comment:

• mlc2009
    started a topic NATWEST Business Account - Passport?

NATWEST Business Account - Passport?

Hi All,

Working...
X