• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Filing my personal tax return"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by bluedrop View Post
    ARe you with Nixon Williams?
    No.

Leave a comment:

• Clare@InTouch
    replied
    Clare, do I need to provide my dividend details on this return (dividend that I pay myself from my limited company) ? Please confirm...
    Yes - there will be some tax payable too if you're into higher rates. You need to include:

Wages from all employments
    Dividends from your company plus any others
    Bank interest
    Rental income
    Capital gains
    Donations made to charities
    Payments made to your personal pension
    Student loan (if applicable)

Plus any other income you've had.

Leave a comment:

• bluedrop
    replied
    Clare, do I need to provide my dividend details on this return (dividend that I pay myself from my limited company) ? Please confirm...

Leave a comment:

• bluedrop
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Mine does.
    ARe you with Nixon Williams?

Leave a comment:

• Clare@InTouch
    replied
    Thanks Clare. yes I have a PAYE scheme in place.

Could you please explain this:

Don't forget to complete the Service Company question, if applicable.

I provide IT services through contracts. Will this be relevant to me?
    If you're an individual providing your personal services through a limited company then you're a Service Company (loose definition), and there's an extra box on the tax return where you need to state the value of any wages plus your gross dividends (take the net dividend divide by 9 and x 10 to get the gross). It doesn't form part of the calculation, it's for information only.

Many accountants will include the cost of your tax return in their monthly fee, assuming you're paying monthly that is!

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    does your accountant do your personal tax returns for you? (without extra charges)
    Mine does.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    does your accountant do your personal tax returns for you? (without extra charges)
    Mine doesn't. She does my business accounts which is not the same as my personal ones so would not expect them to be under the same agreement. Costs me 100quid I think.

Leave a comment:

• bluedrop
    replied
    Thanks Clare. yes I have a PAYE scheme in place.

Could you please explain this:

I provide IT services through contracts. Will this be relevant to me?

Leave a comment:

• Clare@InTouch
    replied
    You'll be an employee of two, assuming you had a PAYE scheme in place for your company.

You're not self employed, so ignore that section (unless you have a separate self employment?)

Leave a comment:

• bluedrop
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bluedrop
    started a topic Filing my personal tax return

Filing my personal tax return

With the deadline fast approaching, I found myself some time today to file my tax return. I am stuck with the following questions. Can someone help me out please?

During the tax period, I was a permie for a few months before I started contracting.

1. During the tax period, should i consider myself an employee of 2 companies or as employee of 1 and director of 1?
    2. Should I fill my info as employee of 1 company and then as self employed?

Confused! please help!

-Bluedrop

Working...
X