• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Free software from Uptons ?!?"

Collapse

• Underscore Pt2
    replied
    Can you check if it has my accounts on it!

Leave a comment:

• r0bly0ns
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Sounds like someone printed off the wrong address label. I've had somebody else's PAYE slips before now.
    Would be a likely explanation but no.

The envelope also contained the year end CD that I sent to Uptons for the year end before last.

I did wonder if it was a copy of my accounts for the same year to pass on to my new accountant - but it seems not.

My guess is they were sending the year end CD to me as they are no longer my accountants and someone said to an office junior "put those CD's in that envelope and send it".
    But why my year old end of year information was sitting with Uptons, ahem *backup* copy of QuickBooks is anyone's guess..

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Sounds like someone printed off the wrong address label. I've had somebody else's PAYE slips before now.

Leave a comment:

• blacjac
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    If I had my cynical hat on, I might have thought they were sending you it so that you could fill it in to make their processing a bit easier due to staffing 'issues'.

But I don't have that hat on, so they must have sent it by mistake.
    Originally posted by r0bly0ns View Post
    Seems rather odd to say the least, especially as they are no longer my accountants.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    If I had my cynical hat on, I might have thought they were sending you it so that you could fill it in to make their processing a bit easier due to staffing 'issues'.

But I don't have that hat on, so they must have sent it by mistake.

Leave a comment:

• r0bly0ns
    replied
    Finally got a response from someone at Uptons.

No explanation of what it is or why I was sent it, but they have asked me to send it back.

Which I have explained I am more than happy to do once I receive their postage paid envelope to send it back in....

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
    You may want to check with Quickbooks to see if it's a valid license.
    This link is useful if it isn't:
    Federation Against Software Theft - Investors in Software | FASTiiS

Leave a comment:

• Wanderer
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I would put it in an envelope with a note and post it back to them.
    If I'm feeling especially mean I would forget to pay the postage.
    You may want to check with Quickbooks to see if it's a valid license.

Leave a comment:

• blacjac
    replied
    I suspect he means he can't speak to them as they are ignoring him......

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I can't - they are now ignoring me........
    Can't what?

There is nothing stopping you putting the CD in a padded envelope (or resealing the envelope it came in and putting their address over yours) and posting it back to them.

There is absolutely no need for you to ring them up first.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 13 July 2011, 18:29.

Leave a comment:

• r0bly0ns
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Originally posted by me
    Guess I'm going to have to speak to them about it - something I never wanted to do again!
    I wouldn't.

I can't - they are now ignoring me........

Leave a comment:

• r0bly0ns
    replied
    Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
    I hope you have autorun disabled.......
    Oh yes...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

Guess I'm going to have to speak to them about it - something I never wanted to do again!
    I wouldn't.

Leave a comment:

• Wanderer
    replied
    All I have done is pop the CD in my laptop
    I hope you have autorun disabled.......

Leave a comment:

• r0bly0ns
    replied
    I have absolutely no idea and don't particularly want to install it to find out.
    All I have done is pop the CD in my laptop to see what was on it, in case it was just a CD of quick books data. But no its definitely a CD for installing something and the readme.txt contains release notes for Quickbooks...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X