• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Invoice mistake

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Invoice mistake"

Collapse

• dx4100
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Last reply.

PHONE PHONE PHONE PHONE PHONE PHONE
    PHONE PHONE PHONE PHONE PHONE PHONE !
    Point taken

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
    Funny thread...

I think trying to find out the correct way of dealing with a customer via a online forum with like minded people is a tad different though
    Last reply.

PHONE PHONE PHONE PHONE PHONE PHONE !

Leave a comment:

• dx4100
    replied
    Read this thread. http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...lk-people.html

Everyone makes mistakes. I do all the time. It's called posting on CUK!

Now, get on the blower and talk to someone.
    Funny thread...

I think trying to find out the correct way of dealing with a customer via a online forum with like minded people is a tad different though

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
    Cheers for the reply... Fair point.. It was the investigation angle I was more worried about. Doubt the customer will ever look at the invoice again.
    Read this thread. http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...lk-people.html

Everyone makes mistakes. I do all the time. It's called posting on CUK!

Now, get on the blower and talk to someone.

Leave a comment:

• dx4100
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    but, if the customer has paid you then surely it's only their accounts dept that may care about the "mistake". make a note on your system what it should be, for any future reference/investigation, and that's it job done
    Cheers for the reply... Fair point.. It was the investigation angle I was more worried about. Doubt the customer will ever look at the invoice again.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    but, if the customer has paid you then surely it's only their accounts dept that may care about the "mistake". make a note on your system what it should be, for any future reference/investigation, and that's it job done

Leave a comment:

• dx4100
    replied
    Why don't you do the thing that IT people are really bad at.

Pick up the phone, explain it to the accounts team and ask them what you need to do.
    Asking the customer how to resolve your own **** up seems even more unprofessional than making the **** up in the first place. Nothing to do with being in "IT" or whatever...

I thought it would have a simple answer, emailed my accountant and will await their reply.
    Last edited by dx4100; 23 February 2010, 09:41.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied

Pick up the phone, explain it to the accounts team and ask them what you need to do.
    Sad but true....

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• dx4100
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    How "wrong" is the date.

If they haven't noticed don't bother. The descriptions mean cack all. Just use the "services rendered" as its all encompasing.

Just file with the date on the invoice.
    I stupidly left on the previous months line items, just changed the hours / amounts. So the amounts are correct but the description is referring to December instead of January. The actual invoice date is correct.

I think I want to reissue it just for clarity. Given the VAT rise etc and having to make clear that this was work done in January hence it should be charged at 17.5.

Would the way to do it be as described ? Change the description, reference and put on it Invoice Paid ?

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    How "wrong" is the date.

If they haven't noticed don't bother. The descriptions mean cack all. Just use the "services rendered" as its all encompasing.

Just file with the date on the invoice.

Leave a comment:

• dx4100
    started a topic Invoice mistake

Invoice mistake

Just preparing a new invoice and noticed a mistake on last months. All the charges where correct but the descriptions and date relating to when the work was done are wrong.

They have already paid the invoice. Do I just reissue the invoice and write on the new invoice that the invoice has been PAID ?

Cheers

Working...
X